[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teach me how to make a song with a computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1455303908341.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455303908341.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I came to /mu/ because it's the only place I know where there might people I can ask about this matter

I'm a music illiterate fuck that enjoys music a lot nonetheless, recently, I got interested in a certain set of notes and I started pondering the possibility of mixing them with a beat to create a track

Please point me in the right direction, which software is the best for creating and mixing sounds and tunes?, how do go about starting to make a song when all you have are a few notes and a general idea of the tone you want the track to follow?

Please keep in mind that I know absolutely nothing about anything, so explain everything to me like you would a five year old so I can understand at least the basics
>>
you have to stand in front in the computer and say: "ok computer"

radiohead made an entire album like that
>>
>>65644122
I don't understand
>>
>>65643802
just gotta get a DAW (digital audio workstation) and start messing around. Figure out how to play audio files and EQ them till they sound how you want and arrange them. You just need to sequence sounds from that or synths or anything and mess with effects till you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfN21Q0yMJ4
>>
>>65644122
kek
>>
>>65644240
no suprises here
>>
>>65643802
Just google beginners guide to making a song and read senpai. Or (and this pains me to say) ask reddit.

It's highly unlikely you'll find help here. Good luck.
>>
>>65644723
Do you think LMMS is a viable option?
>>
>>65644747
>>65644122
Everything in its right place
>>
>>65644796
Ive never used it but probably it's fine. It's open source too (i think) so if you learn that you won't have to worry about not having it ever. I had pirated protools for instance and windows 10 fucked it up and I still haven't got it back on here yet.
>>
pirate a DAW, look at the piano roll and lay down the notes. pick and instrument (the daw should come with some preset instruments like basic synths or a piano sound). look up youtube tutorials for whichever DAW youre using.
>>
>>65644839
that song is like exit music for a film
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.