[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fo shigga my nigga used to dribble down in VA what did he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2MTA0MjYzMTc5.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2MTA0MjYzMTc5.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>fo shigga my nigga used to dribble down in VA
what did he mean by this?
>>
The fact that Jay-Z is so rich is actually impressive to me. Even though he is a weak rapper he was smart enough with his brand to get rich as fuck.

Listen to him get fucking styled on by Big L back in 95'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dN3aS2Rxfs

>All I got for hoes is hard dick and bubblegum
>>
>>65641495
He's a business, man.
>>
>>65641407
>fo shigga my nigga
did he say this?
>>
>>65641578
yes
>>
>>65641495
I agree that he's not a great rapper but he has some undeniable classics imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G787_r_y6GU

Reasonable Doubt was pretty solid
>>
>>65641407
he didn't mean shit. Who ever wrote for him thought he was being cool.
>>
>>65641407
He or a friend played basketball in Virginia. Now I can't be sure without addition lyrical context, but he could be referring to NBA star Allen Iverson who played for the Bethel High School teams.
>>
"Indubitably, my fellow comrade of African-American origin spent time playing games of hoop-ball in the state of Virginia"
>>
>>65641495
Big L is NOT a better artist or rapper than Jay you troglodyte, literally the only people who say this don't actually listen to Jay.
And any credible rapper would you tell you that Jay Z is one of the greatest of all time based on skill alone.
And what idiot uses pre written freestyles as a way to judge a rappers overall skill?
You want to really compare these two, compare lifestyle or the big picture to Jay's first two albums.
>>
>>65641914
Jay isn't even the best rapper frm brooklyn nevermind the rest of the world
>>
>>65641712
What fucking rappers are good that makes Reasonable fucking Doubt simply solid and Jay simply okay?
>>
>>65642083
Nas
>>
>>65641914
>Big L is NOT a better rapper than Jay
He is though. Even AZ is a better rapper than Jay-Z
>>
>>65642058
Which Brooklyn rapper is better than Jay lol?
Biggie?
Jay stomps him in double and triple entendres, multi syllable rhyming, metaphor usage, and literally every other literary measurement of rapping sans maybe storytelling.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mE7HuHB5V0M
>>
>>65642099
Jay Z is factually superior to Nas with entendres, and really most non simply straight rhyming clever aspect of rhyming, and is on par with intersylable rhyme schemes.
>>65642143
Big Ls debut was a dud with incredibly poor songwriting that peaked with Put It On.
>>
>>65642154
Flow
>>
>>65642261
That can't carry him over Jay alone, though it is amazing.
Jay is a top tier flowwer regardless.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.