[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did they really steal from a bunch of Africans on this record
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
Did they really steal from a bunch of Africans on this record or is that just a meme?
>>
>>65640666
great trips for a not so great thread
>>
of course they did, but it's fine
>>
>>65640666
No, they were influenced by an Afrobeat artist
>>
>>65640687
that's fucked up
and they didn't give any credit
wow fuck
>>
>>65640666
>>65640687
They didn't rip off anyone. Influence ≠ ripoff
>>65641020
Top kek, I hope you didn't seriously fall for that anon's bullshit.
>>
File: 1452572450458.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1452572450458.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>65640666
cultural appropriation, tumblr, sjw, etc... something something
>>
Jerry Harrison the mastermind recruited them to make the greatest record of all time.
>>
>>65641108
>Influence ≠ ripoff
I bet you say this while posting on other threads about how "Kanye ripped off Death Gribs"
>>
>>65640666
It's worth it to say that it made african styles acceptable in new wave
>>
Fuck these guys. They're just PoCandering (that's People of Color Pandering, a disgusting act of patronizing an entire race, demeaning them and portraying them as inferior) by using African polyrhythms, musicians, chord progressions, instrumentation, etc. without giving proper credit to the originators and brains behind the sound that made these bastards money. White man benefits from black mans hard work, takes his glory and his pay. That's just America I guess.

They're literally the Bernie Sanders of music with their level of pandering and insensitivity. Sexist, racist, disgusting cowards. Bernie insults Black Americans by equating them to zoo animals and relating every mention/issue of blacks to crime and violence. Talking Heads insult Blacks by STEALING their music with no credit, because white people don't care about plights of other races. By the way, Talking Heads and Bernie Sanders also both happen to be Jewish white cismen hailing from New York. Makes you think. Disgusting.
>>
>>65641171
Nice baseless assumption, faggot. I bet you get fucked in the ass by your father every night.
>>
File: deeeeeep.jpg (68 KB, 658x533) Image search: [Google]
deeeeeep.jpg
68 KB, 658x533
does anyone know the name of this song?
https://vimeo.com/109891648
>>
>>65642243
fuuuck, sorry didn't mean to post here, but pls respond if you know
>>
>>65641171
The Talking Heads took African music and mixed it together with other genres. Some of the songs on Yeezus sound like slightly less noisy Death Grips tracks. Instead of mixing together styles Kanye blatantly ripped off Death Grips.
>>
File: rill.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
rill.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>65640666
no, but this is a meme
>>
>>65640666
>>65641266
>>65642266

The numbers Mason what do they mean
>>
>>65641229
That pasta is very stale, anon.
>>
File: jerry-redandblack.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jerry-redandblack.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
>>65641148
>>65642662
>>65642649

jerry harrison did a decent "kinda sounds like byrne but not" album of his own around the same time as RiL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eke75lbjsQ0
>>
awful thread
kill yourself
>>
africans aren't people
>>
they got bongos so they're literally stealing their whole sound from niggers
also wtf is this beautiful home and women shit, niggers don't have homes u dumb fucks
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.