[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything that makes this special apart from how ahead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
Is there anything that makes this special apart from how ahead of its time it was? Is influence/creativity the most important factor in what is considered good music? Do people actually enjoy listening to this for what it's composed of in a musical sense? I feel like if somebody told me this was a release by some nobody on bandcamp, I'd probably believe them.
>>
>Is there anything that makes this special apart from how ahead of its time it was?

Not really.
Nobody really likes Kraftwerk, they're just a cool band to namedrop.
>>
>>65640448
THIS
>>
>implying this isn't GOAT-tier synthpop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIYEPe6DWY
>>
>>65640448
nah, TEE and CW are enjoyable listens
>>
>>65640473
I feel like this would've been mind-blowing 40 years ago, but it hasn't aged well.
>>
>>65640521
it aged a lot better than most pop that came after it desu
>>
>>65640448
>I'm a poseur so everyone else is as shallow and retarded as me
No.
The album is great. The title song is amazing.
>>
OP here. I'm honestly enjoying their krautrock stuff waaay more.
>>
>>65640448
Computer World and Radio-Activity are legit amazing
>>
>>65640448
>projecting this hard
>>
>>65640521
actually, that just means you are a pleb
>>
>>65640419
you have to see it in context.
- they started using synths in the late 60s, actually one the first ones using Moog in Germany
- they are classically trained musicians
- they have an art background (rich parents, hence the expensive synths)
- back then all you could see on German television was Schlager, German folk, and what they did has rarely been heard before
- they made themselves appear uniformly and took on especially German topics (Autobahn) when being German had nothing to do with being remotely cool or on the map in terms of music
- the melodies are catchy as fuck
- they are actually very relaxed and fun dudes
other than this clip I suggest the docu "Kraftwerk and the electronic revolution", sorry for the blog post.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZt64_XOflk
>>
>>65640712
>>65640491
these
>>
>>65640858
Okay, so you obviously don't have the best eyes. I'm aware of the influence. I'm aware of how ahead of its time it is. And if by "catchy" you mean that they repeat the same mediocre line over and over again with no structure until eventually you get it stuck in your head for about a minute, then yeah, they're "catchy as fuck". Also, I couldn't care less about who is "classically trained" and all that jazz. I'm sure the guys in Obscura have musical degrees, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna start indulging in senseless wankery.
>>
>>65641100

sick thread man
>>
>>65641126
I know that's sarcasm, but thanks, anon. :^)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.