[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make some sick underground beatz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
How do I make some sick underground beatz?
>>
>>65640304
U cant
>>
>>65640304
ask burial
ama
>>
sample old tunes. throw in some hip hop vocal samples and chop up basslines
>>
>>65640304
you don't. That shit is over since 2011.
>>
google "underground beats sample pack"
>>
>>65640304
go in a subway
>>
>>65640607
why 2011 specifically?
>>
>>65641288
exmiliary killed it xD
>>
>>65641304
oh wow xDDDD
>>
>>65640304
>lazy mode
>mpc
>grab phrase
>use velocity to start point trick
>add drums
do that 5 times a day youll be king, even the mpc500 can do this
>>
>>65641074
KEK!
>>65641662
This, I got the 2kxl and it was tough at first but once you learn how to use them it's pretty easy. The hardest part will be finding good samples but even thats easy
>>
>>65642041
after you got the skills down, how do you find other people to hook you up in the game
>>
>>65642071
My names Chris I'll hook you up in the big biz for 5 quid
>>
>>65642166
ok m8
>>
>>65641662
>use velocity to start point trick

like... in relation to a grid?

don't have an mpc so what do you mean?
examples of this?
>>
>>65640304
How do you even use one of those things?
>>
>>65643451
Press the bleep button and the bloop button at random intervals
>>
>>65643483
sounds like fun
>>
look out for possible loops and samples when you're listening to music, and then experiment with them with the piece of equipment of your choice (mpc, daw, whatever). make a bunch of really shitty beats and learn from your mistakes. try fucking around with synths and drum machines if that's what you're interested in. set yourself challenges (they can be anything- try this structure, use this many layers/samples, have a kind of drum pattern that excludes x sound, etc etc) and don't be scared to try new things. develop a sound that you like.
just dive in, basically.
>>
>>65642553
on MPC, it is possible to reassign velocity to control the sample start point instead of volume. so the harder you push the further into the samlple time it is. got it? now use 16 levels to map the velocities on the the 16 pads, you have essentially chopped up a sample without much editing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFXVl4BWp54
>>
did producers use to rip beats/basslines from recordings of records and sample them that way or was there some other kind of complicated method back then?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.