[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: bad genres done right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
i'll start

>big band
>>
>big band
lol
Slipknot are one of the only saving graces of nu metal though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqK1FrO3BdM

These guys take it just a liiiiitttttllleee too far in the noise rock category.
>>
Nah.
>>
>>65639336
...but they're inferior to Sepultura, Deftones, and Korn... is it possible we've all been too harsh on nu metal?
>>
>being older than 14
>listening to Slipknot
>>
I was just listening to Slipknot earlier today because I had nothing better to do.
In their own way, they are every bit as embarrassing and moronic as bands like Limp Bizkit or the Bloodhound Gang.
Absolutely, utterly ridiculous band.
>>
Bless my soul, I can't understand a word they're saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkObgKrscpk
>>
Could have mad the GOAT angst metal album wif they went farther with what they were doing on Iowa.

Taylor is a washed up hack at this point.
>>
I do kind of agree with the message of People=Shit, don't you?
>>
>>65640296
>Taylor is a washed up hack at this point

Yeah, you can't do those kind of vocals for very long without completely fucking your throat.
>>
Once upon a time, when Iron Maiden roamed the Earth, there was such a thing in metal as singing, melodies, and, yes, even guitar solos.

Not that I want to sound like a le born in the rong generation fag, but...
>>
>>65639861
incubus was great too, i mean it had plenty of fun stuff but its simply not cool to like atm. Same as funk or bluegrass
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
Morning View [Epic/Immortal, 2001]

This late entry shot up on the outside of our annual Young White Males in Extremis sweepstakes over Static-X (nuevo no wave), P.O.D. (plodding in riddim), Five for Fighting (I forget), and heavy favorites Staind, who seemed so sincerely depressed I couldn't bear to add to their woes. Incubus's wrinkle on awful points up how old-fashioned the death-metal and rap-fusion approaches to hard rock have become. The new menace is prog-variegated structures, tempo shifts, lyric interludes, DJ flava, and (daringly) love songs. This nets a lovely eight-minute closer featuring Steve Vai's "ko-kyu," which sounds like a koto to me. It also nets many mediocre pop songs with pretensions. C+
>>
>Funk
>>
>>65640420
There's still plenty of melodic metal bands with sung vocals around, you do just sound like a wrong generationer because you fucking are one.
>>
File: yesyoudid.jpg (64 KB, 1382x922) Image search: [Google]
yesyoudid.jpg
64 KB, 1382x922
>>65640240
Think you dropped this
>>
>hating Slipknot
Come on, like you didn't all have Iowa when you were 13.
>>
>>65640240
Of course Slipknot are ridiculous, nobody's thinking 9 guys in clown masks and jump suits bashing on tin drums are sensible - part of the appeal. I was sold on these guys when I saw them live years ago - I dunno about now but back then they were an intense spectacle to behold onstage and heavy as fuck.
>>
Iowa was a pretty good record besides the shit "trying-too-hard" lyrics.
Disasterpiece instantly coming to mind.
>>
>>65640743
>Iowa was a pretty good record besides the shit "trying-too-hard" lyrics.
The songs are all exactly the same and without a lyric sheet, not like you have a clue what he's saying anyway. Also it drags on a good 20 minutes longer than it needed to be.
>>
File: dilla feels.jpg (259 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
dilla feels.jpg
259 KB, 1000x1000
>tfw from iowa and slipknot is literally the most popular band from your shithole state
>>
>>65640524
is this bait?
1. don't shit on funk, you motherfunker
2. that's nowhere near funk done right

yes, I took the b8, but I still r8 0/8
>>
File: MI0000702880.jpg (134 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
MI0000702880.jpg
134 KB, 1080x1080
>Hip Hop

And to think it was done by three white punks...
>>
>>65640467
Funk will always be cool family
>>
Slipknot is fucking great, they always were. Can't wait to see them live again next month.
>>
>>65640187
why not desu
>>
>>65640907
Well, at least you understand where their angst comes from. That state is boring as fucking fuck.
>>
File: 71hgUhDQtiL._SL1201_.jpg (164 KB, 1201x1194) Image search: [Google]
71hgUhDQtiL._SL1201_.jpg
164 KB, 1201x1194
>hardcore punk
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.