[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the silence at the end of Providence before J.L.H. important?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 51sJm0c7DCL.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51sJm0c7DCL.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
Is the silence at the end of Providence before J.L.H. important? plz respond, the version I have doesn't have it and I don't know if i should abort my first listen or not
>>
File: ancient sonic.jpg (80 KB, 471x517) Image search: [Google]
ancient sonic.jpg
80 KB, 471x517
>>65636044
You need to abort immediately. The only true way to listen to it is to have complete silence for 4 minutes and 8 seconds before hearing the J.L.H Outro or you ruin the whole experience. Once I forgot to stop and reflect in the silence, never again.
>>
>>65636228
its a bit like Pusha Man in that way isn't it? alright, i just got done with East Hastings so i'll wait before i continue
>>
I actually kinda wish my version didn't have the silence. JLH (or DLH?) is meant to be a hidden track which isn't very 2016.
>>
>>65637609
I prefer the vinyl version tbqhwyf.
>>
>>65637892
Well you're wrong I guess.
>>
>>65637980
why tho, I like both. The vinyl version feels more concise.
>>
>>65636228
What I do is I pause the album and set my phone's timer to 4 min 8 sec and I sit in silence until it hits zero.
>>
>>65638023
This. If you don't do this you might as well never have listened to the album.
>>
>>65638018
Why should it feel concise? The concept is absolutely the opposite of concise. Some of the best bits are absent from the vinyl and the production is much worse.
>>
>>65638081
>The concept is absolutely the opposite of concise
What? The movements and general flow of the album is more streamlined in the vinyl version in my opinion. Some of the moments on the CD version are my favorites but I don't see how the album being less concise adds to the concept.
>>
>>65636044
this whole thread is fucking fag fadora fag tier. Just listen to the fucking song.
>>
File: checkitralph.jpg (20 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
checkitralph.jpg
20 KB, 374x347
>>65638224
*GASP* you said four bad words in a row!
>>
>>65638162
>I don't see how the album being less concise adds to the concept.
Then you don't get the concept.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.