[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your music listening method /mu/? (full albums, shuffle,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 8881195.png (31 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
8881195.png
31 KB, 344x326
What's your music listening method /mu/? (full albums, shuffle, etc...)
>>
>>65633864
Depends on the genre.

rock = mostly albums
classical = live recordings
jazz = live recordings
funk, soul, disco = singles and comps
dance music = singles/mixes
pop music = singles
hip hop = mixtapes
noise = like it even matters
>>
Full albums and rolling albums randomly using random number generator
>>
Full albums, but I shuffle my entire library sometimes and stop once I find something that fits my mood. It actually works really well.
>>
>>65633892
this is how to do it
>>
whatever the artist intended really.
If it's a genre which features mostly album releases I'll do that. With stuff like UK Garage I'll happily listen to compilations because quite often each track works by itself, there's often no intent to work as a full album
>>
literally if a song comes to my head ill listen to it immediately
>>
I dont really know, i have a ton of bands to listen since years but i just dont know how to start, i used to listen a pair of songs of 10 albums every 2 weeks and so on until i finish but now there are so many that its impossible
>>
only some subgenres of rock are "album genres" i think

mostly single songs, unless i just want something hanging in the background, then i'll put on a full album, since that's more convenient

the most patrician thing to do though is to make your own playlists
>>
>>65633892
>jazz = live recordings

there are so many good fucking jazz albums thi
>>
>>65634159

*though
>>
>>65633864
i think people give too much credit to the idea of """"Albums""""
>>
File: 20160529_150443.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160529_150443.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>65633910
>Full albums, but I shuffle my entire library sometimes and stop once I find something that fits my mood. It actually works really well.
>>
>>65634241
it depends on the album, sometimes it is very clear the artist intended for the songs to be listened to in order but people for some reason think that they have to listen to ALL albums in order because of this
>>
Really bugs me how people listen to music. Seems most can't even finish a song let alone an entire album.

If i really want to soak in an album i'll lay in the dark no other stimulation and listen to.the whole album.

Somwtimes i'll throw on an album and go on a comfy night run.
>>
>>65634280
That's respectable, sometimes I draw while listening to music and by the end of the album i'll either have something that looks nice or complete garbage but the piece isn't what matters to me
>>
>>65634243
cool pic
>>
File: 1465819601358.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1465819601358.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>65634280
>>
File: 2f0.gif (116 KB, 600x343) Image search: [Google]
2f0.gif
116 KB, 600x343
>>65634243
>>
File: folder.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>65634279
this really, albums like pic related where songs fade into each other is clear sign that it should be listened to in order, other than that do what whatever you like.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.