[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone collecting vinyl records? >How many records do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: .jpg (43 KB, 400x561) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
43 KB, 400x561
Anyone collecting vinyl records?

>How many records do you own?
>What is the most expensive or rare record do you own?
>Do you think the records sound better than CDs?
>What is your turntable?
>Do you plan selling your collection?

Discuss.
>>
>>65631877
>around 200-300 (I haven't been keeping track)
>a copy of Leviathan's Scar Sighted
>sometimes. Absolutely with analogue recordings
>Sony PS-LX300
>fuck no
>>
>>65632025
>a copy of Leviathan's Scar Sighted
That's pretty rare.
>>
>>65631877
Haven't counted, probably about 1,500

Diamond Dogs with Bowie's dick

Nah, but they're nice to hold

>What is your turntable?
AT LP 120

Not unless I fucking die
>>
>>65631877
About 1200.

According to discogs, my first pressings of DSOTM and ITCOTCK with the pink Island labels that my dad gave to me, about £400 each. As for rarity, I have a whole bunch of testpressings from Dominick Fernow's various projects that I've bought from or been given to by either him or his friends. Also obviously a few records from local bands where about 5 exist, lol.

Depends entirely on the mixing and mastering.

>What is your turntable?
Rega RP3 with a Goldring 1042 cart

All of it? Nah, never. I'm selling quite a lot of the ones that I simply don't care about at the moment though.
>>
>>65632094
>As for rarity, I have a whole bunch of testpressings from Dominick Fernow's various projects that I've bought from or been given to by either him or his friends
Explain?
>>
>>65631877
I'm a bit of a newfag to vinyl, only 4 records, I know, it's bad. Anyways, they're Kid A, Revolver, Dark Side of the Moon, and Led Zeppelin IV. Don't know the rarest, or most expensive, they were all gifts. I like them a lot more than CDs, considerably more that I would rather listen to them on vinyl than my computer. I don't plan on selling.
>>
>>65632434
It's as it sounds, really. My flatmate used to be his booking agent back when Vatican Shadow was really taking off, and he'd stay with us sometimes when playing UK shows. This was when he was getting involved with the Modern Love gang for the first time and I used to hang out with them just by association.

He's a really down to earth and funny guy, nothing like Prurient or his other stuff would suggest. He has fun taking his work seriously, if that makes sense.
>>
>>65632434
He's "in"
>>
>~750
>Australian pressing of SILY or Captain Murphy - Duality for most expensive. Got some signed stuff that means more to me though.
>Depends on the album
>Project Debut Carbon
>Never
>>
>Around 100
>The Avalanches - Since I Left You
>Depends
>Still rolling with the Technics SL-QD33
>Maybe a few, but no
>>
File: kenny.png (861 KB, 747x682) Image search: [Google]
kenny.png
861 KB, 747x682
I casual collect vinyl from time to time cause i like owning music (while using the digital copies) and having the big artwork. i dont yet have a turntable so I'm not buying these at full price or anything

My rarest record which I can claim nobody on /mu/ has ever obtained is Ken Snyder's second record (The "By Request Only" guy for you newcomers), Unity

that was a one of my greatest moments
>>
>>65632749
Is that rare, that Ken album?
>>
>>65632787
A decent handful of people own By Request Only on RYM, but only 1 person other than me owns Unity, and I don't think anyone even knew Ken had a second album until Banjoman ripped my copy of Unity and we put it on What

banjoman actually discovered a third ken album a year later and put it on What, so i must give him credit for that.

so if you own ANY ken record, well most collectors wouldn't care, but myself and the cult following would give high respect
>>
>>65632892
The actual album is worth listening to?
>>
>>65631877
>Anyone collecting vinyl records?
not really
>>How many records do you own?
about 10-20 that i bought myself, rest is old records from my parents/friends/family
>>What is the most expensive or rare record do you own?
either my original pressing of in a beautiful place out in the country, sticky fingers or Girls/Memphis Bells
>>Do you think the records sound better than CDs?
lolno but they're more comfy
>>What is your turntable?
One Kenwood linear tracking turntable and two gemini direct drive turntables
>>Do you plan selling your collection?
lolno
>>
>>65631877

2, MPP and Dark Side of the Moon
uhhhhhh
no they sound worse but probably because poverty setup. Also hate changing sides 4 times for most albums. Takes me out of it so much.
>What is your turntable?
a banana
literally why
>>
>50 or 60
>i guess the cereal jingle 10" i have
>bass is more prominent on my rem albums otherwise i prefer cd
>at lp-120
>no
>>
>>65631877
>Anyone collecting records
Yes, for the last 5 years or so.
>Most expensive or rare
I don't really buy things more expensive than maybe a $24 double album, but I do have an unofficial reissue of Loveless that was like $27.
>Do you think the records sound better than CDs
As far as sound goes I like their texture and character, but for certain types of music I prefer CDs.
>What is you turntable
I have a kind of cheap 80s Technics
>Do you plan on selling your collection
Nope, the records I own are just for the sake of my own listening enjoyment
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.