[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it weird/ autistic to only like certain albums rather than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hmmmm.jpg (54 KB, 383x465) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
54 KB, 383x465
is it weird/ autistic to only like certain albums rather than certain genres?

Most people generally like genres of music. The idea that I will like other music of the same genre because I like that one album seems odd
>>
No it doesn't
Oh your question?
Yes
>>
Saying you generally don't like something is only logical. Everyone has preferences. For example, I'd say I generally dislike hip hop. That said, I've explored a lot of hip hop and can name a lot of hip hop groups I like (De La Soul, K'Naan, A Tribe Called Quest, Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, The Underachievers, Danny Brown, Digable Planets, Little Brother, OutKast, KRS-One), because if you spend enough time exploring anything you'll find stuff you like. But the fact still stands, if you show me a random hip hop group I'm probably not going to like it. On the other hand, if you show me a jangle pop, free jazz, or noise rock band, there's a good chance I'll like them even if they're mediocre.
>>
It just means you aren't a mindless drone. There is usually a huge variation between bands in a single genre (e.g. post-rock, grunge, hell, even punk). The idea that once you like one you like them all is absolutely preposterous.
>>
Anyone who objectively listens to music is the same it's normal.

You will however come off as weird/autistic if you try to explain yourself to normal people when they ask what music you listen to.
>>
>>65631446
I'd say it's autistic to only like certain genres. Look at metalheads or old rockers... they can't listen to anything else and look like morons.
>>
>>65631644
>tfw you will never be able to express your love for stuff like OPN in real life ever

this is a bad feel
>>
>>65631446
I don't think so. My girlfriend told me that was one of the interesting things about me. She likes that I like what the album's are as opposed to who made them or what genre they belong to.

My personal feeling is that I have sounds that are dear to me that suit every sort of imaginable mood. From classical to funeral doom to 80s hip-hop to whatever else you want to name. It's all Music. All different textures, sounds, and moods to explore and experience. There's no telling what will move my soul, but I know it when I hear it, and I keep it around for future enjoyment.
>>
Genre is an illusion.
>>
>>65632918
Preach
>>
>>65631688
>it's like the sounds are intentionally outdated synths but it's actually good I promise

yeah. i've actually tired
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.