[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this not /mu/core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: SYDN.jpg (25 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
SYDN.jpg
25 KB, 600x599
Why is this not /mu/core?
>>
it basically is
>>
it should be EVOL desu
>>
Because its good
>>
>>65625386
It's too good to be a meme
>>
It's on the essential "couple-of-good-tracks-but-mostly-boring-filler-core" chart
>>
>>65626688
>mostly-boring-filler
How can anyone be this pleb
>>
Its overrated as fuck
>>
>>65626699
There is nothing surprising about a tripfag being a pleb
>>
It is it's just so indisputably good we don't argue about it a la Talk Talk or Nick Drake
>>
>>65625386
Kim fucking Gordon
>>
Cause most /mu/tants are actually plebs, and this is the best pleb filter ever
>>
>>65625923
this
>>
>>65627293
Wait, people actually find this inaccessible?
>>
>>65625386
I've never got the appeal of this album

Can someone help me out? Its weak for punk and isn't that spoopy and apocalyptic like people make it out to be.
>>
>>65627304
Except for the first track yeah

Because they're plebs
>>
>>65627352
It's not totally suppose to be punk, SY pretty much stopped going for that after Goo. I don't think anyone has ever made it out to be some dark, gloomy soundtrack, I think that's just what people say every time they hear detuned guitars.
>>
>>65627467
That's what it was sold to me as. It being punk's version of a desolate apocalyptic wasteland. Like a gloomier mad max.
>>
>>65628595
Nah if anything the album as a whole is supposed to be cathartic. It does have the aesthetic of urban decay though, which is kinda similar to apocalyptic aesthetics but also different.
>>
Literally a masterpiece on every way.
>>
>>65628628
Even Trilogy Part 3
>>
>>65627467
daydream naysh is before goo dawg

dd naysh is a stone cold library of congress certified classic
>>
>>65628644
Its a banger
>>
This album made me want to play guitar
>>
>>65626688
filtered
>>
>>65625386
It is /mu/core and it's boring anyway. Why isn't Otomo Yoshihide /mu/core?
>>
>>65628844
>boring
how to spot a pleb 101
>>
>>65628701
Same, then I learned just how much Thurston and the gang tinkered to get their gear I quickly found inspiration elsewhere. I'm starting to come back to their stuff now though.
>>
>>65625386
>no melodies
>pretentious screams
>aged terribly
>>
This album was quite the snorefest t b h. The intro chords were honestly imo the best part of the album.
>>
>>65630096
>no melodies
there is such a thing as non-traditional melodies friend
>pretentious screams
what
>aged terribly
what
>>
>>65630120
my bloody valentine and jesus & mary chain were way more interesting
>>
>>65629030
Can you give examples?
>>
>>65625386
it's literally the most overrated album ever made in the history of music.

it has basically the same riff/rhythm/sound over and over and over and over again. If you believe this deserves more than a 7/10 you are a pleb and possibly retarded
>>
>>65629030
I wanted to learn the guitar to do the tinkering, but now I'm nowhere near good enough at guitar to justify spending enough to make tinkering worthwhile (dirt cheap guitars are still like 50 quid and pick ups seem to be p spenny)
>>
>>65630415
They hardly ever use the same tunings for their best songs and a few of the guitars have pickups and other pieces of hardware that are Frankensteined together.
I think Lee had a jazz master with 2 P90's wired together running out of phase (may not be the right terms but they weren't set to cancel the 60 cycle hum like a humbucker) they essentially both put out 2 pickups worth of signal.
If you're a gear head like me and a bit of a tinkerer SY's rigs are definitely something to look into.
>>
>>65626688
Its the only sonic youth album that doesnt belong on that chart
>>
>>65630096
>no melodies
"everyones talkin bout the stormy weather"
"i cant see anything at all, all i see is me"
"im just walkin around, tgis city is a wonder town"
>pretentious screaming
Screaming has little to no place, vocals are usually untrained and bad, but hardly any screaming ever.
>aged terribly
Its actually one of the best aged 80s albums out there, devoid of aged 80s alternative conventions like drum machines, tin-y guitar sound, vocal reverb, or outdated synths.
>>
>>65630576
>it has basically the same riff/rhythm/sound over and over and over and over again

That's definitely not the case of this record

You're probably listen a different album
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.