[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any good kpop artists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is there any good kpop artists?
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 618x896) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 618x896
>>
>>65619481
No.
>>
>>65619481
i don't post in kpop threads but i like this song by Twice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7rCyll5AeY
there's also a lot of good Korean music that can't be called K-pop
>>
File: 57643577.jpg (479 KB, 1000x1775) Image search: [Google]
57643577.jpg
479 KB, 1000x1775
I post in /kpg/ but its good you didn't ask in /kpg/ bc they would just post their waifus/ husbandos music.

The quick and dirty is yes, but just like western pop music, its relative to your tastes.

you're going to have to look for stuff you like.

The 3 biggest labels in kpop are:

SM
>some groups include
>SHINee (boy group)
>SNSD (girl group)
>TVXQ (boy group)
>EXO (boy Group)

YG
>Some Groups Include
>BIGBANG (boy group) & often cited as one of the best groups to start with, each member has their own solo works as well
>2ne1 (girl group)
>Zion T (solo male)
>Lee Hi (solo female)

JYP
>some artists include
>Wonder Girls (girl group)
>2pm (boy group)
>twice (girl group)
>got7 (boy group)

out side of the big 3 there are loads of groups and solo artists, too many to list, so if you are actually curious about kpop, its best to find something you like then listen to similar acts.
>>
>>65620083
>gaypop
>>
>>65621493
he didn't ask what's best for kfapping (although come to think of it that's gaypop too)
>>
From what I've heard, k pop and j pop are pretty unique phenomenon with no western equivalent. They aren't meant to be musical- they're blatantly meant to be idols that are worshiped by lonely repressed east asian salarymen with no structure for meaningful social interaction with the opposite gender in their culture. Their concerts are venues for them to be seen. After their concerts, they accept money to pose with their fans, even accept money from fans for stuff like being touched.
>>
>>65621943
congrats on watching a vice documentary and reading a cracked article
>>
>>65619481
>Is there any
based esl
>>
>>65621969
lol, that's exactly where I heard that. is that not the reality?
>>
>>65621969
congrats on watching and reading nothing and contributing nothing to the thread
>>
>>65622128
it's based on a flawed understanding of specifically Japanese underground / independent idols and doesn't relate to Korean groups at all, which is what this thread is about
anyway, those idols don't "accept money for touching their fans", but they'll shake your hand and speak with you for a moment if you buy a CD or a t-shirt after their concert, which is what small-scale basement venue bands in Western countries do anyway. the only thing that's different is that you can pay to buy a Polaroid photo with a member of your choice, which is where the posing comes in, but apart from the exchange of money it's no different.

those selling tactics can seem weird and money-hungry to Western observers, but it's necessary to ensure that all the members of independent groups can be paid fairly, because such groups are so small-scale that performing regularly leaves them with barely enough earnings to get by

you can see the difference between high-class Korean idols that function just like Western pop groups and the subculture kind of Japanese indie idols by comparing them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiCoWlidHsQ
>>
>>65622718
>>65622128
by the way, i want to point out that it's usually that "cheap basement band" feeling that makes repeat customers when it comes to Japanese idols. if you pay for the product of a huge, million-dollar pop group, then you don't see where it's going, but if it's for something very low-budget then you get the feeling you're making an impact and contributing, in part, to the overall success of the group

of course there are creepers when it comes to idol fans, but they're honestly on the same level as the people here who make lewd comments about Grimes or whatever the name of that Churches girl is - the problem is that idols tend to be younger because of child work laws. i assure you 99% of the weird old men writing about Sayashi Riho's thighs on 2ch have never been to a meet-and-greet event with her
>>
>>65619481
away you go
>>65622844
>>
>>65619523
Agree to the last sentence (that song is shit imo), rather than checking out mainstream 'Kpop' where you'll likely be turned off by the whole 'manufactured/gay' mindset, go and find some good Korean artists, there are a shitload of fantastic singers/bands, like any country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMplZu98afs&t=1m36s
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.