[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good instrument to learn? Thinking violin, sax,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Violin_VL100.png (347 KB, 700x951) Image search: [Google]
Violin_VL100.png
347 KB, 700x951
What's a good instrument to learn? Thinking violin, sax, trumpet, piano, or electric guitar but the problem is I'm too poorfag for a good piano or electric guitar.
>>
You can get a decent upright off of craigslist for cheap or free if your lucky. Sometimes people don't know what to do with it so they just give it away.

You could also get a squire guitar for cheap.

Will this be the first instrument you learn how to play?
>>
>>65618939

I dabbled a bit in viola, but that was many, many years ago and I've forgotten all of that I learned. This would probably be the first instrument I learn to play competently, so yes.
>>
>>65618939
Electric guitars aren't terribly expensive, and you could always start learning on an acoustic which is an even cheaper investment. Sax would be pretty cool, and a little more unique since everyone and their mom plays guitar.
>>
>>65618960
Do you know theory?
>>
>>65619224

No. I should probably get on that for sure, if the memers here are right about >He criticizes music without knowing basic music theory
>>
>>65618873
violin is probably the hardest instrument to learn
>>
>>65618873
piano, just start with a keyboard.
>>
>>65619250
Can confirm played violin from age 4 to 17, hated it
>>
>>65619239
Alright, well in that case I'd either get a guitar or a keyboard. And learn theory, it'll help you a lot.
>>
Piano is the best, pretty easy to understand theory though it too
>>
Harp
>>
>>65618873
Non-fretted string instruments in general are terrible to start learning if you haven't been doing it for a while already. Press middle C on the piano and you get a good tone whether beginner or master. Not so with a stringed instrument, not even an open string. Maybe a pizzicato open string, but that's it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.