[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is Vaporwave?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1465169999414.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1465169999414.gif
2 MB, 750x750
What exactly is Vaporwave?
>>
a way of life senpai
>>
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>65618898
>>65618961

Isn't it mostly sampling other songs?
>>
>>65618676
sure as fuck not that album
>>
>>65619335

Just give me the gist.
>>
distorted 80's music for cucks
>>
>>65619323
It's timestretched funk wiith reverb. It appeals to underage anime fans who love "memes" but I don't know why.
>>
>>65619323
There's vaporwave consisted of original compositions only.
>>
>>65618676
Slowed down 80s music, mostly disco/boogie/synthfunk. The mission is to recreate the sensation of living in the 90s, during the early age of internet and the booming economy.
>>
Plunderphonics with an 80s A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>65619796
>plunderphonics meme
>>
>>65619772
from what i hear its meant to parody such eras, with a the nostalgia being ironic/sarcastic
>>
Vaporwave is basically slowed down samples of other songs set with certian sounds to create a 'wave like feeling' when listening to it. For a time, it had to do something with anti-capitalism, but idk what that was about. The problems with the category is that its widly considered a sub-genere of plunderphonics, and many people have tried to jump on the bandwagon by pumping out shitty quality vaporwave. Its also jot really a well defined category.

This video explains it pretty well: https://youtu.be/PdpP0mXOlWM

Speaking of vaporwave, ive been looking for the name of an album by this guy Steven Devillers. I heard a few songs from it randomly, like "you and i", and i really want to listen to the whole album. If someone knows where i can download it that would be cool. I think he goes by the alternative name "Powell", if that helps.
>>
>>65620911
the anti-capitalism part was basically invented by vektroid so other people couldn't make money from doing what she did.
>>
>>65619754

I'd be into them, any recommendations?
>>
>>65619878
I saw you post your bandcamp album in a thread the other day. I liked it a bit but the meme cover ruined it for me. Make less memey music and it could probably be decent
>>
>>65622587
Golden Living Room
>>
>>65619878

Not bad at all pham
>>
>>65622587
2 8 1 4
brokencanyon.bandcamp.com (me)
Golden Living Room
HKE
>>
>>65620911
This is actually a pretty good side view of vaporwave, and the plunderphonics point is good
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.