[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noise is just nu-metal for art fags, isn't it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1465540831751.jpg (65 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1465540831751.jpg
65 KB, 533x800
Noise is just nu-metal for art fags, isn't it?
>>
nah
>>
nothing gets past you
>>
File: INC.gif (416 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
INC.gif
416 KB, 700x467
I tried to post about this yesterday but nobody cared.

You should try to see this if it's near you, you will get to see a wide variety of experimental music without having to deal with any particular artist for more than 15 minutes.
http://squelchers.net/inc2016tour.htm
>>
>>65613019
>international
>only in the states
dropped desu
>>
>>65613019
I mean tell me this doesn't look like something you would want on your resume of shows you've experienced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1JCKh2N_Rw

>>65613069
I just posted the link the US dates, it is indeed an international thing
>>
>>65613069
It would be cool if there were more international dates, but it's impressive that they've managed to make it out of hte country at all. It is a small scale production, they tend to play in unconventional places like beneath freeway overpasses and shit. It is awesome you should check it out
>>
>>65613119
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1JCKh2N_Rw

That was really dumb.
>>
>>65613119
oh, okay, thanks then mate :3
>>
>>65613228
Was it though?
>>
>>65613588
Yes. Extremely dumb.
>>
>>65613982
Why do you say that?
>>
>>65614199
Because a bunch of retards flailing around isn't interesting or appealing to me.
I don't go much for subcultural group rituals even when they seem to have a point, and this certainly doesn't have one.
>>
>>65614301
>a bunch of retards flailing around
Why do you describe it as that?

Can you imagine how the wave interference constantly shifts depending on where the speakers are pointing at any given moment? It's probably extremely sonically interesting.
>>
>>65614421
>Why do you describe it as that?

Because that's what it is.

>Can you imagine how the wave interference constantly shifts depending on where the speakers are pointing at any given moment?

Yes. La Monte Young did something very similar to this decades ago, and his take on it was far more elaborate and accomplished. It's not a novel idea, and the execution of it is pretty banal and moronic in this particular case.

>It's probably extremely sonically interesting.

Not really.
>>
>>65613019
I'm playing the July 8th date.

Dogsinreverse.bandcamp.com/album/1917
>>
>>65613019
LA, then Oakland, then portland. what about the redwoods? I want to laugh at angsty kids with a bunch of pedals and blenders
>>
>>65614573
>Yes. La Monte Young did something very similar to this decades ago, and his take on it was far more elaborate and accomplished. It's not a novel idea,
Who the fuck cares?

>and the execution of it is pretty banal and moronic in this particular case.
How so?

>Not really.
How can you surmise this without having been there? Obviously it wouldn't come across in the youtube audio.
>>
>>65614573
>La Monte Young
I'm a fan of Young, Reich, etc. Good stuff. Weird to criticize an amateur project against great, renowned 20th century composers though don't you think?
>>
""""""noise"""""" is not MUSIC

/thread
>>
/board
>>
>>65615355
>Who the fuck cares?

You attempted to present it as something original or fresh, no? Like a novel experience? It is none of those things.
And you should respect your elders, bitch faggot. If you're already trying to present this as something with merit at least you should know where whoever is involved in this dumb crap got the idea for it in the first place.

>How so?

Young's take on it involved the creation of an elaborate and layered art installation which gave as much thought to the sonic properties of the work as it did to the environment in which those properties were exhibited, all in the service of creating and maintaining a complete audovisual experience which worked on several fronts when it came to affecting the senses of any audience members in that environment.

Your video is a bunch of drunk shitheads wrestling and throwing feeble little speakers around in some random filthy basement with what I imagine are dismal acoustics. It is nothing but that and nothing more than that.
I've witnessed similar scenes at basement shows I've been to and they weren't particularly entertaining then either(except on the rare occasion when serious brawls broke out).

>How can you surmise this without having been there? Obviously it wouldn't come across in the youtube audio.

I can't, but I can guess. And my guess is that it would be every bit as worthless of an experience as it appears to be on the video.

Why are you so compelled to defend or dignify this shit anyway, it's not like we're discussing some acclaimed or influential artist or something. Were you this thing's mastermind or something?
>>
>>65615428
I wasn't trying to do that at all, I was just pointing out that the ideas behind the thing are nothing new.
>>
>>65615957
Nothing new has happened since the 80s, nothing game changing has happened since the 70s, so why use this as a threshold for quality at all?
>>
>>65616071
>Nothing new has happened since the 80s, nothing game changing has happened since the 70s

Signed, someone who's got no idea about the developments in late 20th/early 21st century art, avantgarde and experimental music.

>so why use this as a threshold for quality at all?

In this case it was relevant as a clear and obvious precursor to what was going on in that video.
>>
>>65616166
You talk a lot for someone who claims to know a lot about something they never expound on. It's similar to Hampus' shitpposting & I don't think anyone with an ounce of intelligence should bother with your posts anymore.

If you want to shitpost, by all means, but don't fool yourself thinking you brought anything new to the table, let alone "shown off" your knowledge.
>>
>>65616545
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNw4PwVYzSs
>>
>>65612594
Nope
>>
Not even. It's entirely image focused, so you can't even consider the noise itself to be the artistic focus. It's just women wearing fake penises or men wearing bondage gear while sounds play in the background.
>>
>>65613119
wow it really is nu-metal for "art"fags
>>
noise isnt music in the typical sense
>>
>>65612594
Is Skrillex dubstep or brostep? And what is brostep?
>>
>>65613019
fucking hell i just missed the date yesterday
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.