[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello friends, this is a thread for experimental music discu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: R-51017-1238150160.jpeg.jpg (82 KB, 600x588) Image search: [Google]
R-51017-1238150160.jpeg.jpg
82 KB, 600x588
Hello friends, this is a thread for experimental music discussion. To clarify: Noise, drone, electroacoustic, free improvisation, futurism, indeterminacy, musique concrete, sound collage, and all that good stuff.

What have you been listening to? What have you been making? What do you think about an essentials chart? What should be included on it?

Oh, and what's your favorite Kevin Drumm album?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4McQmtLx0HA
>>
>futurism
>music

i like that drumm album
>>
oh, hi, would someone hold my superiority coat
>>
>Noise, drone, electroacoustic, free improvisation, futurism, indeterminacy, musique concrete, sound collage

all of this stopped being experimental decades ago

it's also pretty curious that out of all the albums in kevin drumm's massive discography, you chose to open the thread with the one that happens to be the most popular on RYM and /mu/, two places which have next to no clue about drumm, noise or "experimental music" in general

why make a general thread on something you don't know anything about?
looking at /metal/ or /bleep/ or /jazz/ or whatever, all those threads tend to be made and participated in by posters who actually have a solid familiarity with the general's subject.
are you just making these hoping someone will pop in here and spoonfeed you? if you already claim to enjoy "experimental music" you'd do well to stop being a lazy fuck and actually explore it and learn about it on your own
>>
OUR VILLAGEEEEEEEEEEE
HOT BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEdq1IvOb04
>>
>>65611367
Calm down lad
>>
>>65611367
calm down lad

where should i start with kd if I'm only into softer noise like ledesma
>>
>>65611657
the time for calmness is long gone, friend
>>
>itt: autists getting mad about the definition and relevancy of experimental music in modern times

i just want to discover some cool albums
>>
>>65611677
>where should i start with kd if I'm only into softer noise like ledesma

you're not gonna get any answers here boy, that's for sure
you'd be lucky to find any fuck here who's heard more than 2 or 3 of the guy's most popular albums(none of which are necessarily among his best)

and if you're such an underdeveloped philistine that you can't appreciate the sonic properties of "hard" noise even if purely on a conceptal/theoretical level you've got no business listening to noise in the first place desu, since you're clearly not listening to it with the right parameters in mind, not paying attention to the shit you're supposed to be paying attention to

>>65611689
>i just want to discover some cool albums

who's stopping you, fuckhead?
>>
>>65611733
>who's stopping you, fuckhead?

you are by making shitting replies
>>
>>65611793
if the only way by which you can find new music is through bad general threads on 4chan you deserve all the shitposts that you get
>>
>>65611733
>don't listen to noise if you don't know how
hmm i can agree with that. although, I don't think I don't have any business listening to it, because as we all know music doesnt boil down to only context and rational thought. i think itll be many years before i can start/want to dive into harsher noise
>>
File: dips fedora.jpg (312 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
dips fedora.jpg
312 KB, 700x700
>>65611817
you're a real hot head aren't you?
>>
>>65611733
t. Elitist Prick
>>
>>65611843
i'm a bad boy, you know that
>>
>>65611817
Pretty much this.

OP reeks of laziness and naivety; the reason you're getting shit on is because you're showing a total lack of willingness to take initiative, research, and actually cratedig by yourself, or evidence that you've done so already.

It gives the impression that you have no real interest in or passion for these musics and instead just want to appear diverse in your tastes rather than gain a proper appreciation for experimental shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.