[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Marilyn Manson?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1401x788-manson.jpg (73 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-manson.jpg
73 KB, 1401x788
What does /mu/ think of Marilyn Manson?
>>
Nothing at all
>>
leader in the postmodern movement
>>
>>65601990

Should have played Joker in the new Suicide Squad
>>
>>65601990
First 4 albums are the tits 11/10, everything after that is either pretty or garbage.
>>
He is the God of Fuck.
>>
His book is hilarious
>>
I miss him intensely
>>
Fucking sucks. Dude's an awful excuse for a human being with nothing likable about him. Every interview he's ever given he comes off as an ultimate douchebag, tool, and woman-hater.
>>
>>65601990
>>
She's wonderful.
>>
>hey look guys, I hate religion so edgy XD
>>
Pretty indifferent about him. My younger brother really is into him right now tho
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
Smells Like Children [Interscope, 1995]

Unmitigated consumer fraud--a mass of instrumentals, remixes, and genderfuck cover art designed to publicize its well-publicized tour. The lyrics to Everlasting C**csucker are incomprehensible, the lyrics to Sh**ty Chicken Gangbang nonexistent. Only on F**k Frankie, a spoken-word number of a female's feigning sexual ecstasy does this album deliver what it promises once you realize it's not Fine Frankie or Fist Frankie or Full Frankie. It's easily the best thing on the record. D+

Antichrist Superstar [Interscope, 1996] *bomb*

Mechanical Animals [Interscope, 1998]

If only the absurd aura of artistic respectability surrounding this arrant self-promoter would teach us that not every icon deserves a think piece, that it's no big deal to have a higher IQ than Ozzy Osbourne, that the Road of Excess leads to the Palace Theater. Instead, his banned-in-Wal-Mart slipcase job will fade into the haze of records people found interesting at the time. Its strategy is to camouflage the feebleness of La Manson's vocal affect by pretending it's deliberate--one more depersonalizing production device with which to flatten willing cerebella whilst confronting humankind's alienation, amorality, and failure to have a good time on Saturday night. Catchiest songs: "The Dope Show" and "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)." Duh. C+

Holy Wood [Interscope, 2000] *bomb*
>>
>>65601990
Young Marilyn Manson was pretty good. Now I don't see why he's trying anymore. He's obviously out of ideas, not in shape to perform, and he has enough money to just retire and not work for the rest of his life. Honestly, if he wanted to, he could just stop and no one would blame him. His music lost the spark right after Golden Age. It was just downhill from there, and now it's just kind of sad.

I part of the reason why he sucks so much now is the fact that he never really matured the Marilyn Manson brand in an appropriate way. Brian Warner has tried for almost 20 years now to keep Marilyn Manson exactly the same, despite the fact that he's aging rapidly. Look at what his former mentor, Trent Reznor, has done with Nine Inch Nails. There's no more screaming, no more edgy, rebellious antics, and a lot less energy in NIN's music nowadays, but that's OK because Trent found a way to morph Nine Inch Nails into something more tasteful and refined, albeit more quiet. Think about it; if neither of them were rich -- Manson or Reznor -- and they were both just struggling musicians barely scraping by financially, which one would embarrass you more? Manson. His whole act doesn't really fit the personality of a 40-something-year-old man.

Warner can't keep up with Manson, and it's destroying them both.
>>
ahead of his time lyrically with these two underrated tracks of his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4NfOdU3l8&list

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjl1dx7Rno
>>
>>65605737
I mean, fuck. RHCP weren't still doing albums like TUMPP in their 40s. Grow up, manbabby.
>>
My mom likes him, idk
>>
>>65605737

Pretty much this.
Seen him once live in... 2011 I think it was. He was still fun to see live, however Laibach before him were better quadfold.
>>
I think he's finally beginning to understand that acoustic is his calling if he wants to continue, and he should have started that trail earlier. His first four albums are a pretty good portfolio of talent, but once he started making confessional music, the metamorphosis was rocky, to say the least. I think it's been fun to watch him crash and burn and then revive himself again, but that doesn't mean all of his albums held up for it. I do like all of his albums, but I was worried he had lost it permanently until Born Villain came out, then I was even more worried because I knew he had a chance to relapse afterword from the attention or really put his mind into his next project. Luckily, the Pale Emperor is a pretty solid album, and the way he's been talking about his future projects, I think he's actually figured himself out.
>>
He's become obsolete for pop culture many years ago.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.