[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did she bring anything new to pop music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: lorde-624-1380716536.jpg (207 KB, 624x425) Image search: [Google]
lorde-624-1380716536.jpg
207 KB, 624x425
Did she bring anything new to pop music?
>>
tumblr
>>
just another one hit wonder
>>
It's an extremely difficult borderline impossible thing to do, to bring something "new" to pop. But Pure Heroine is a nice pop album and I'm looking forward to her predictable "dark" follow-up.
>>
File: 1463105701017.jpg (293 KB, 1016x568) Image search: [Google]
1463105701017.jpg
293 KB, 1016x568
She brought me to the realization that I've conditioned myself to find ugly girls attractive
>>
>>65596670

Not nearly as influential as people say, in my opinion, the "indie sound" was in full swing long before she was even a thought.

She's good, but she just picked a good time to show up.
>>
she doesn't have that over the top style of singing I guess.
>>
>>65596670
holy fucking who. i forgot all about her. wow.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstVCGyaUBM

she made this style of downtempo-pop mainstream, now you see lots of pseudo-indie band ripping-off it
>>
not new as such, but she represents a sort of commercial peak for "alt pop"
>>
>>65596670
She gave us a shit cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World.
>>
>>65596813
Yeah I was just reminded of her last night.
>>
who did it better, /mu/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aw_sZvauCw

skip to 10:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7l3y7LOzLc
>>
>>65596670
She's literally 19
>>
>>65596670
Maybe not, but did anybody honestly expect her to? She's was just a 16 or 17 year old who made a pretty decent pop album. I think I read that her parents traveled everywhere with her. She's just a kid with some promise.
>>
>>65596670
Ripped off goddesses like grimes, bjork, iamamiwhoami, planningtorock, karin andersson and scrubbed the sound clean for mass consumption
>>
>artists who are secretly high test
>>
>>65596670
LP2 WHEN
>>
considering how young she is, she has a lot of room to grow. major potential. we'll see what happens in the future
>>
the first time a pop star is ugly
>>
>>65598040
>Ripped off goddesses like grimes
Didn't she state Grimes as an influence?
>>
File: gaga-1.jpg (40 KB, 400x467) Image search: [Google]
gaga-1.jpg
40 KB, 400x467
>>65598108
Lady Gaga?
>>
>>65598186
she doesn't have a cucumber body shape though
>>
>>65598040
Grimes: The great innovator of having a smelly vagina and looking like a inbred trailer child.
>>
ask to your sister wups just wait till she stop sucking my penis haha
>>
stripped-back beats w/ heavy reverb + rnb/soul influenced vocal, heavy emphasis on greys/ neutral colour choices in music videos
i would guess that she (by 'she' i mean all the people involved in marketing/profuction etc.) probably didn't 'invent' these things but the trend took off with her i think
>>
>>65596755
Thats because she cant sing
>autotune
>>
>>65598276
Underrated post
>>
Pure Heroine is one of the best pop albums put out in a long time. If you haven't given it a chance, you really should.
>>
File: JarvisCocker.jpg (83 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
JarvisCocker.jpg
83 KB, 640x360
She made a one hit wonder pop song about class problems or something even though pulp already made the ultimate classism call out song with common people, then she sort of drifted into obscurity and no one cares anymore.
Also she looks like that one monster from lord of the rings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_fCELuMsAs
>>
>>65600603
Royals is arguably the worst song on the album
>>
>>65597904
The Brit Awards tribute was better overall.

The Grammy's one was more like "watch Lady Gaga cover David Bowie" than an emotional tribute.
>>
>>65600742
The Gaga one seems like some shitty Branson show or something. For somebody who loves Bowie as much as she claims, Gaga really only seemed to understand him on a really superficial level.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.