[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Melodic Death Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
For the most part, for me, metal ended with thrash. While I would try to get into power metal of the modern variety, I have always found it to be way too cheesy, so little like metal and so much more like something else. I dwelled in my little 80s cave therefore, exploring more and more obscure NWOBHM bands and thrash bands. I even tried indulging in the so-called NWOT(raditional)HM but found those bands to be mostly lackluster.

Concerned, then, that it seems I can't listen to any music after Nirvana and Oasis, I tried listening to Death several times and came to like their later stuff, and, upon listening to pic related, I instantly came to like it a lot. It's just my speed.

And yet this album receives so much hatred. Why? Why is the one genre of 90s metal that I seem to stand right now the subject of abuse?
>>
I like this album too. Sometimes the mainstream is right after all.
>>
File: Carcass-Heartwork.jpg (374 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Carcass-Heartwork.jpg
374 KB, 1200x1200
Listen to this OP, its basically the first melodeath album
>>
File: MERYN FUCKING TRANT.jpg (74 KB, 463x488) Image search: [Google]
MERYN FUCKING TRANT.jpg
74 KB, 463x488
>>65591628
>>For the most part, for me, metal ended with thrash.
>>
AtG is basically European Pantera. They're a mediocre band that led to a string of boring, stagnant metal ie buttmetal came out of Pantera and leagues of metalcore clones came after SotS.
>>
File: Essential_melodic_death_metal.jpg (887 KB, 1309x1498) Image search: [Google]
Essential_melodic_death_metal.jpg
887 KB, 1309x1498
>>65591628
>>
>>65591628
It's just as cheesy as the power metal stuff you described. The aspect of metal that you like the best is maintained post-thrash in actual non-melodic death metal and depending on which band you're listening to, black metal, too.
>>
>>65593408
>autism
>>
>>65593720
But not wrong. People generally don't dislike SotS because it was a bad album but it led to a string of unoriginal music.
>>
>>65593769
ok lad :^)
>>
>>65593557
needs Canopy and Cypecore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj5K7bKdzRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si5ZrBfAaVU
>>
Check out Horrendous. Specifically Anareta and Ecdysis.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QikqBKmajbc
>>
>>65593833
Nah pham doesn't deserve to be in the list pretty solid though
>>65593326
>What is Nightfall's Parade Into Centuries
OP see>>65593557
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.