[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: bnjk.jpg (235 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
bnjk.jpg
235 KB, 600x597
Can someone please explain the joke about Long Season and Old Boots, New Dirt? I'm seeing it all over this board and I feel like I'm missing out on a joke.
>>
>>65581655
OBND is a horrible country-pop album that was on the front of Spotify for a long time so people on /mu/ got bored and made it bait. I have not listened to it but that's my best guess.
Long Season is alright imo but slightly overrated.
>>
>>65581655
people were spamming long season and OBND on /mu/ seperately for amonth or so, then we integrated the memes for optimal effect
>>
Their contrasting memes. Fishmans is really good and unknown, while OBND is known but awful. When people saw Fishmans being memed they got mad - it's their personal favorite! You can destroy what they love - sonething so special! Whilst OBND is the opposite - don't meme it, someone might actually check it out.

These to memes conjoined to balance the memeverse - save us from dat boi.
>>
>>65581929
how old are you
>>
>>65581946
it... was, supposed to be sorta' funny...
(18 and 9 months)
>>
>>65581655
Long Season is good, Old Boots is good ironically
>>
>>65581929
OBND is known but awful
How dare you, it's one of the greatest country albums yall
>>
>>65582006
>post numer year
>not using meme arrows to quote
>>
>>65581929
>OBND is known but awful
Stopped reading there. It's a genuinely good album ruined by the dumb fucking memers of /mu/.
>>
>>65581992
How are you older than me?
>>
>>65582049
Do you feel like explaining your annoyances? Whilst I agree my comment wasn't particularly funny it probably explains why the meme exists regardless. Anyone without autism can tell it's supposed to be a joke. This problem might be on you, buddy.
>>
>>65581929
>Fishmans is really good
>a chinese reggae band
>good
HOLY KEK
>>
>>65581655
Long Season is just an album that was posted around sharethreads and other threads, but not in a memetic way, people checked it out, and it turned out to be a great 40-minute suite of Japanese dub-influenced progressive pop, and everyone loved it, so they posted it more.

I haven't heard OBND.
>>
>>65582006
>>65582024
these people are stupid memers
>>
>>65581992
>X and Y months
Don't listen to him, this is something 12 year olds say to get into 14A movies
>>
Aaron
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.