[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ feel about this album? Also, Radiohead is probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
How does /mu/ feel about this album?

Also, Radiohead is probably my favorite band so yall can roast me all you want.

I personally think it's my favorite, but you all probably have better taste than me.

[spoiler]First time on /mu/, fite me[/spoiler]
>>
>>65580784
Only got into Radiohead after they released AMSP and In Rainbows is their album that I liked the most spontaneously next to KidA. Actually listened to Reckoner today when I woke up, best song on the album imo.
>>
>>65580784
>favorite
it's spelled "favourite" you silly Billy
>>
>>65580819
I'm very drunk. Thanks for the correction, bro. Non-ironically, too.

>>65580818
Reckoner is my favorite on the album as well. I like disk 2 a lot though, 4 minute warning and Go Slowly are a few good ones IMO. Kid A is also great. I like your taste, let's be friends.

>>65580784
either no spoiler tags in this board or I don't know how shit works. Sorry /mu/.
>>
First half of the album is near perfect. Best string of tracks in Radiohead.
>>65580850
no spoilers
>>
>>65580871
How do you feel about 2nd half? Not as good as first obviously but it has some solid tracks.
>>
>>65580885
House of Cards is probably my least favorite Radiohead track which kinda ruins it. Not too much of a fan of Faust Arp but I can still dig. The other ones are great.
>>
Videotape is a wonderfully sad closer.
>>
Jigsaw Falling into Place.

There is nothing to explain.
>>
>>65580906
>House of Cards

REALLY? I liked that one a bunch. The lyrics don't fit their style I think, it being about an orgy or wife swap type of thing, but I personally liked the guitar enough to learn it.

Also really getting into Disk 2 right now, liking last flowers even if it doesn't fit.

Also wanted to bring it up even though it means nothing: I had a friend in Highschool who didn't seem like the kinda guy to like this type of music but we bonded over how depressing Videotape was. He died when I was in grade 11 and it broke me. Love ya Shane. Never been the same with ya.

More I think about it, Go Slowly is my fav from this album I think. Though the more I listen the more I find either breakdowns or smaller parts that I end up getting hooked on.
>>
I like a lot of the tracks on this album OP, but I'm just not really a fan of it in comparison to the other, better albums that they've put out (Kid A, OKC, Amnesiac, TKoL)
>>
>>65580984
>Never been the same with ya.

Meant without ya. I am too drunk to be posting.

Can anyone suggest something as good as this album that isn't Radiohead?
>>
I really like it. Definitely one of the top 3 Radiohead albums.
>>
>>65580984
Yeah I dunno it just seems bland to me. Something about the pseudo bossa nova feel that rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>65581002
I personally like IR to KoL, but I agree with OKC and KidA. I just am really into this album lately and Videotape has a sort of cool relation to a friend of mine who passed away is all.
>>
>>65581013
Why are you playing RE6?

Also the second half of IR is pretty cool.
>>
Radio head is gay so is metal
>>
>>65581043
FUCK. I am a /v/ poster, forgot to stay my tripcode from this board. I am drinking heavily because bored, so I mean no harm to you all. I just appreciate /mu/ and wanted to share myself.

I really like 4 Min Warning right now. Calming and depressing, perfect blend for me right now.
>>
>>65581013
Something similar to In Rainbows or just good in general?
>>
>>65581035
Yeah I get it. Maybe you should head to bed if you're this drunk.
>>
>>65581091
Either/or. Just make it known what the suggestion is so I know what I'm going into. I mean as in feeling. IR is depressing but good musically IMO.
>>
>>65581013
if you liked Reckoner, I've always felt the percussion and the feel was inspired by Laughing Stock by Talk Talk, check it out if you haven't yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYNidNgQic
>>
>>65581105
I don't have any friends, I'd rather talk to people who have some okay taste than pass out and be alone with my depressing dreams. I appreciate the concern, I really do.

I just want to say I like /mu/ so far. You guys are pretty cool.
>>
>>65581115
listen to >>65581132 I was literally about to suggest Talk Talk.
>>
>>65581140
I'd like to think we're the best board. I still come around here and I've been visiting since 2011. There must be something attractive here.

>>65581132
And listen to Laughing Stock it's great.
>>
>>65581147
I'm liking it so far, I thank both of you anons. Truly, this board is great. I think I may stick around.

>>65581153
I've been on /v/ since 2004. I am an oldfag by numbers but only in my 20's. /v/ is pretty toxic as of now, I'd like to relax more and share my taste in music and expand my musical palette instead of shitpost about vidya.
>>
>>65581223
yeah /v/ has always been a little too fast for me imo. This board can be very cancerous when a new album by someone /mu/ likes comes out.
>>
>>65581223
Well welcome aboard, here you can shitpost about music instead.

I highly advocate starting Talk Talk from their first album but going from LS to The Party's Over then working your way back up is good too. It's definitely a band that got better with each release.
>>
>>65581284
I've been perfectly happy not listening to anything but LS and Spirit of Eden.
>>
>>65581284
Will do. Thanks anon. Love ya.

>>65581268
/v/ has been cancerous for the last few years. I like music but never thought of coming here till now. I'm liking it so far.
>>
>>65581329
outside of those records music is basically pointless
>>
>>65581062
spread the truth my man
>>
>>65581330
yeah it's normally pretty quiet here. It'll be quiet-ish for a while, until the new Avalanches album comes out.

>>65581367
Well, not quite. But they are intense.
>>
>>65581420
Let me guess it's all about NMH? Nazi Coconut Head and all that? Everything else is shit?
>>
>>65581329
At least listen to Colour of Spring
>>
>>65581501
I'll give it a listen. I just haven't heard much about their other work.
>>
>>65581528
Their early work is just 80s synth pop but CoS is their first venture away.
>>
>>65581539
QUALITY 80's synthpop to be honest
>>
File: 1465641143708.png (1 MB, 1279x827) Image search: [Google]
1465641143708.png
1 MB, 1279x827
In rainbows is a great album, one of my favorites. take this, a lot of good albums there that'll get you acquainted with /mu/ and might give you an entrance into different genres.
>>
>>65581445
never heard of that metal band, probably because all of it is shit
>>
>>65580984
Disk 2 isn't actually part of the album though, it's more of an EP style thing.
>>
>>65580784
>I personally think it's my favorite
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>65580784
absolutely amazing. Reckoner, Videotape, Arpeggi/Weird Fishes, Nude, 15 Step are all awesome songs, and House Of Cards and Jigsaw Falling Into Place are great. Bodysnatchers is alright, just not up to par with the rest of the album
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.