[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone red pill me on why the music journalism community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 490x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 490x327
Can someone red pill me on why the music journalism community turned on them so unfairly? Painting With is excellent animal kino.
>>
no its not, it would be if panda wasn't just taking a fat shit on the synthesizer the whole time or it was an EP with avey's tracks
>>
everytime i see a picture of the group I'm still surprised the Deak is the tallest. I always expect him to be small.
>>
There was no turning on them, they became shit plain amd simple.

Fall Be Kind will never be topped and their solo work will always prove to be better amd more refined in style.
>>
>>65531950
>Fall Be Kind will never be topped
not too bold honestly, a 10/10 EP
>>
>>65531950
>FBK

not even the best EP famygdala
>>
I haven't listened to Painting With. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>65531978
delete the panda songs and you're in for a good time
>>
>>65531973
Then what is it?
>>
>>65532009
prospect hummer Tbh
>>
>>65531978
no, but it's not as good as most/all of their other work
still an enjoyable album with some great parts
>>
>>65530142
Since they change styles in every album there is a zelda effect where people always go "we liked the previous albums better"
>>
It was just really not great. The instrumentation was especially played out.
>>
>>65532016
Why is it better than fbk? It's pretty fucking good, but I can't really say either is better than the other. I say anything they do won't top fbk because it's their latest great release, not necessarily their best. They have a lot of great shit.

Also why is there no fucking dialogue on this board, the point is to discuss this shit.
>>
Painting With just kind of reminded me of Strawberry Jam but with everything that made it interesting taken out.
>>
>>65532067
I'm the guy who agreed with you, not the one you're replying to, but I imagine people prefer Prospect Hummer for various reasons (it's acoustic, not everyone likes the middle tracks on FBK, Vashti is a goddess, some tracks are growers) but I still feel like Fall Be Kind is a better overall EP for sure.

and to your second point, people don't like having their opinions challenged
>>
Keep EP underrated af tbhfam
>>
DUDE BAGELS LMAO
>>
They have no coloured/female musicians.
>>
>>65532044
>zelda effect
kek
also applies to elder scrolls games
>>
>>65531978
Not at all
>>
>>65531871
Panda has some of the better tracks though
>>65531912
nah he's a lanky motherfucker
>>65531950
fbk is so fucking overrated
Bleed is the only thing truly great off of it
and yes, Prospect Hummer is infinitely better
>>
You've got to remember that for every bad review on Pitchfork, they're also posting numerous quick-hits with their new music, apps, videos, etc, so that people are still listening to AnCo's new stuff.

There's some artists like Death Grips that I think music journalism turned on for a bit, and then other obvious ones like Mark Kozelek etc.
>>
>>65531978
it's great. definitely not their best, but still insanely worthwhile. the burglars is brothersport-tier.
>>65532125
it's their second best after prospect hummer desu
>>
>>65533885
>the burglars is brothersport-tier.
o i am laffin
But no, I'm crying.
>>
>>65533944
prove me wrong you nincompoop
>>
>>65530142
HRO happened
If Carles had never writen that article, centipede would've got a 9.7 in p4k and PW a 9.8

>tfw no carles
>>
>>65533985
>HRO Happened
what is HRO
>>
I am a dancer
>>
>>65534007
underage and reported
>>
>>65534037
I don't keep up with music journalism bullshit, sorry
>>
>>65534037
>people who don't keep up with music journalism are underage
kill yourself
>>
>>65534078
>HRO
>music journalism

Did you guys even had internet access in 2010?
>>
>>65534103
yes, but I still don't know what the fuck HRO is
>>
>>65534107
Hipster Runnoff
Fucking google man (the site is down now anyways)
>>
>>65534186
I know I could've googled it I just wanted a straight answer
>>
>>65530142
I like it.
Wasn't a big fan at first but now i enjoy almost all of songs except for Vertical and Natural Selection.
>>
>>65532370
10/10 shitpost
>>
They've been shit from the start

Kidult lolrandumness to dance in your underwear to :DDD
>>
>>65534286
haha dank
>>
Panda Bear! XD so lol so randum a name!

I love those guys! They play random layers over random beats, and sing random lalala over it!

This is art! their music is universal and appeals to everyone, not just post-ironic trust fund kiddies :^)
>>
>>65534431
(You)
>>
>>65534212
>he doesn't like vertical
baka desu senpai
>>
still don't understand "kino"

is it something cheesy but fun?

please leave it on /tv/
>>
Painting With is basically Anco's King Of Limbs.
>>
>>65534186
I loved HRO. It's a shame it's not still up for posterity, some of the shit on there made me crease up big time.
>>
>>65530142
With out Deakin they lost the will to make anything that wasn't Panda's pop shit.
>>
>>65530142
Making a whole career inspired by 1 song can only get you so far
https://youtu.be/beKs4olq4DQ
>>
Anyone hope Geo leaves and the two make another folk album?
>>
The next album is their last chance to even remotely regain the status they had in the 00s.

If the successor to PW is yet another aimless, forced, lackluster turd then it's ultimately over for them.

I'm posting this here, because the other thread is abandoned.
>>
>>65534728
No
I wish the Deak comes back, they start doing hard drugs and create a darker Strawbery Jam
>>
>>65534827
That sounds fantastic too.
>>
>>65531912
Hes a big guy.
>>
>>65534728
Geo needs to take over and make Danse 2
>>
Yeah it's a conspiracy man, it's all a fucking conspiracy. How bout we start a movement to make music journalism ethical again? AnimalGate.
>>
Everyone saying "take out the panda songs" doesn't understand what they're listening to.
>>
>>65533865
>bleed
>good
Wew lad
>>
File: 1375020150727.png (456 KB, 855x471) Image search: [Google]
1375020150727.png
456 KB, 855x471
>>65534827
this is the dream
>>
>>65534502
same
I don't see it on the boards I usually go on only when I visit others
>>
>>65534546
Nope that would be CHZ.
Painting with is like if in rainbows came after TKOL
>>
>>65534728
>doesn't realize geo and avey are the only two members worth shit
>>
>>65534502
Kino is simply a word for cinema in German and few other languages. That's it.
>>
>>65535079
It's also a pick up artist term for touching women to "communicate interest" (kek)
>>
Animal Collective! XD

Looool totes funny music for everyone! this is art! not ironic and very well crafted!
>>
>>65535310
see >>65534678
They needed to stop like 3 albums ago
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.