[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible for a 10/10 album to come out in 2016? is it possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
is it possible for a 10/10 album to come out in 2016? is it possible for a record that will be praised and written about in 20 years to come out nowadays? can an album still have a significant cultural and historical impact?
>>
It's gonna be the new Oxbow record.
>>
>>65526015
Nah. He's clearly listening to Martha and the Vandellas.
>>
he definitely listening to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rvu2Y-Bi_0
>>
>>65525997
he quality that we are referring to, when we rate an album, is about... albums. The album of the Sixties, even when it was not a career anthology, collected the best material of the artist (sometimes the best over many years). During the early 2000s the cost of making a disc became so cheap that sometimes musicians didn't even rehearse before recording their music. I feel that it is unfair to compare two media that are actually very different: the album of the 1960s that went through a painful selection process because it cost a lot of money to make, and the album of the 2000s that goes through virtually no selection process because it is so cheap to make. Needless to say, the former tends to be of higher quality than the latter. The era of the download has further diluted the concept of "album". We are living the transition to a new medium. We will have to change the way we rate music. Sometimes i think i should have done so a long time ago, instead of contributing to the economy of the album, which became one of the biggest swindles of all times.
>>
>>65525997
I could see Kendrick Lamar being talked about in the same light as Tupac is still being praised today.
>>
Like it or not, Death Grips will be remembered for quite a while.
>>
Listening to Sloop John B
>>
he's listening to neu!
>>
>>65525997
Yes, but that being said I don't see many established artists doing it and i doubt an up and coming artist could do something like that. Also it probably won't be boundary pushing too much, just enough to make people talk.
>>
>>65526329
Yeah, Death Grips will probably be one of those bands your grandkids ask about
>>
>>65526467
like a sonic youth type lgeacy?

>>65526233
im totally cool with rappers being the "new rock stars" but do you think any rock acts are capable of longevity? there's some rock albums from this decade i feel increidbly personally tied to and i feel as if they are on the same level as some historic rock greats, but it seems like a modern rock record doesnt have the opportunity for that.
>>
>>65526553
>like a sonic youth type lgeacy?
I guess so, except Death Grips is actually good
>>
>>65525997
>is it possible for a 10/10 album to come out in 2016?

AMSP
>>
File: girls_laughing[1].jpg (28 KB, 398x241) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing[1].jpg
28 KB, 398x241
>>65527075
>>
>>65526093
can you break up your shit please
>>
Swans latest trilogy will be fondly remembered.
>>
File: METAL RESISTANCE.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
METAL RESISTANCE.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
One already did.
>>
>>65527075
mild kek
>>
Quality is subjective, you retard.
Why would anyone give a shit whether or not an album is written about in ten years, etc.
>>
well let me condense what the fuck is going on for you shitty music is popular so in order for any thing to really happen your gonna have to have a new genre like you know when jazz came out in the 20s so unless when of you geniuses has got something probably not
>>
>>65526093
Is this a pasta
Just because it's cheaper to produce doesn't mean artists trying to make a profit will do any shittier of a job you fucking retard
>>
OK so since most of you are just 18 year olds speculating with your reddit-tier music taste, here's my perspective: OF FUCKING COURSE 10/10 ALBUMS CAN STILL BE RELEASED. Nothing in art aesthetics has changed since 1970. There has been no fundamental shake-up of art since Postmodernism. We still have great works being created all the time. The problem is people like you, OP: people who have such awful taste that they don't know and/or don't care about the musical masterworks coming out every few years if not EVERY year.

Kill yourselves.
>>
File: bp.jpg (560 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
bp.jpg
560 KB, 1280x1280
>>
>>65525997
Lack of quality may have to do with the one-track mindset.

Albums have mostly boiled down to a way to commercially release music into the public more than the complete piece. While back in the day you may have to buy a complete album to listen to a single track you heard on the radio, now you can just pick a single track independent of the rest of the album for 99 cents off iTunes. Because of this, singles are more popular than ever, less attention is put into whole albums, and nothing legendary has come out so far due to the lack quality from popular artists.
>>
>>65527655
im the dude two posts above you
its not that theres not great shit coming out its just that no one is going to be hearing about it in 20 years its just going to be forgotten by society
>>
>>65527896
>its just going to be forgotten by society
Because you're an immature kid who doesn't understand that life isn't fucking changing around you
>>
>>65527144
>a nigger with Whites

No thank you.
>>
>>65527351This guy knows what's up
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.