[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how great has 2016 been for rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: conan revengeance.jpg (386 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
conan revengeance.jpg
386 KB, 1024x1024
Not even halfway through the year and I can barely keep up.

Mars Red Sky - APEX III
Conan - Revengeance
King Gizzard - Nonagon Infinity
Graves at Sea - The Curse That Is
Earthless / Heavy Toke split
Papir - IIII
Monomyth - Exo
Black Mountain - IV
Lord Mantis - Nice Teeth Whore
Joy - Ride Along!
Black Rainbows - Stellar Prophecy
Black Moon Circle - Sea of Clouds
Red Spektor - s/t
Naxatras - II
Golden Grass - The Golden Grass
Wrong - s/t
Duel - s/t
Black Lung - s/t
Wolves of Winter - s/t
DIIV - Is the Is Are
Farflung - 5
O'Brother - Endless Light
Goatess - Purgatory Under New Management
Black Cobra – Imperium Simulacra
Chthe'ilist – Le Dernier Crepuscule
Cobalt – Slow Forever
Cough – Still They Pray
Deadsmoke – s/t
Graf Orlock – Crime Traveler
Intet – Demo
King Buffalo – Orion
Kvelertak – Nattesferd
Like Rats – II
Lycus – Chasms
Magic Circle - Journey Blind
Mondo Drag – Occulation of Light
Sea of Bones – Silent Transmissions
Seven Sisters of Sleep – Ezekial’s Hag
Sinister Haze – Laid Low in the Dust of Death
Sumac – What One Becomes
Sunnata – Zorya
The Body/Full of Hell – One Day You Will Ache Like I Ache
Tombs – All Empires Fall
UXO – UXO
Verdun – The Eternal Drift’s Canticles
Wake – Sowing the Seeds of a Worthless Tomorrow
Wo Fat – The Midnight Cometh
Agoraphobic Nosebleed – Arc
Aluk Todolo – Voix
Arctic – s/t

(catches breath)
>>
Some of this stuff you guys know, but the majority of these bands I NEVER see posted on /mu/ so I just figured I'd hook you up.
>>
File: love666_please.jpg (28 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
love666_please.jpg
28 KB, 432x432
I'm sorry that it's not a kanye/death grips/radiohead thread. I'm sorry that neither fantano nor p4k can help you form a prefabricated opinion on most of this music. But I assure you it's worthwhile.

Pic semi-related.
>>
There's also a new Inter Arma about to come out, the single from it was fantastic.

New Throttlerod soon.

New Grand Astoria? Sleep???? What's the word?
>>
Weirdly like 2/3 of my list came out in fucking May. What if it is like this for the rest of the year?!
>>
>>65525316

I discovered King Gizzard thanks to memethony, and for that I am thankful

I´ve only listened to 2/3 of what you posted, and for the most part, you are right, these records are pretty slick
>>
dont get me wrong a lot of them are 6 or 7/10s, strong but not great.
>>
Didn't know Cough and Tombs had new releases. I gotta check em out
>>
i didnt know black mountain came out with some new shit thanks for telling me man
>>
new Grand Magus
>>
File: CausaSui_ReturnToSky.jpg (185 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
CausaSui_ReturnToSky.jpg
185 KB, 500x499
So much stoner rock on that list and you left out Causa Sui, the actual AOTY 2016.

Also, Farflung were never good.
>>
Anyone listen to Big Business? I listened to the song "Fathers Day" and it really didn't hold up to anything that came out of their last album. Still debating whether or not to purchase it.
>>
>>65529187
>Anyone listen to Big Business?
Fucking great band, but yeah Fathers day was slightly underwhelming.
>>
>>65529229
I felt like either the production was shit, or the tone was completely off. Maybe a mix of both. I got the True Gold single last summer when I saw them live and though it was good, Battlefields Forever may never be matched imo.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.