[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remember loving this when it came out, so i listened to it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: pandapwcover.jpg (160 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pandapwcover.jpg
160 KB, 900x900
I remember loving this when it came out, so i listened to it again today and boy what a piece of shit, can't believe i liked this trash.
>>
What were they thinking, honestly,
>>
File: download.jpg (35 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
35 KB, 225x225
I listened to this for the first time last night and cried from its sheer beauty. Am I officially a pleb?
>>
>>65523406
No, it's a great album.
>>
>>65523406
Not the best AnCo, but it's easily one of the first albums I'd recommend from the 2000s.
>>
File: ok_pleb.png (389 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
ok_pleb.png
389 KB, 431x450
>>65523286
>liking Painting With
>ever
>>
>>65523286
yeah al the way back in february what the fuck are you pleb son
>>
>>65523286
Did you happen to read a pitchfork review in the meantime?

>>65523406
And that's not even their best album
>>
>>65523286
Was this before or after the Pitchfork and Fantano reviews came out?
>>
>>65523406
I remember loving this when it came out, so i listened to it again today and boy what a piece of shit, can't believe i liked this trash.
>>
>>65523507
It took you 7 years to go for a second listen?
>>
File: a_song_so_catchy.gif (527 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
a_song_so_catchy.gif
527 KB, 500x352
>>65523577
yes

and checked
>>
There is some real garbage on this record but I do really love Golden Gal and Floridada.

I'm glad at least that they didn't do a dark and edgy record with overdone reverb that is what I thought would happen
>>
If they were to revisit one of their old sounds, which should it be?

I say HCTI
>>
>>65523809
none of them
if i had to pick one of them i'd say whatever you want to call this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msghJpDlwHU
i hear a bit of it in transverse temporal gyrus
>>
>>65523713
My problem is the fact that it was pretty fucking obvious that more effort went I to some tracks than others

Completely disappointing as an AnCo release
>>
side b >>> side a
>>
It's still pretty amazing imo and probably their second best. The only thing that changed for me since its release was finding a ton of new artists, which just greatly lowered my relative interest in the band overall.

But it's okay, you don't have to like it
>>
>>65524416
if the entire album was as good as the first 5 it would be a pop masterpiece
the only great songs on the second half are summing the wretch and on delay
prove me wrong
>>
fuck all of you nerds it's a tight album aesthetically and has great vocals
>>
Honestly, I feel like they were expecting to have Deak on this record, and it probably took them by surprise a little bit when he left to do his own thing. It probably took the wind out of their sails a bit, as it sounds like they're on auto-pilot more than anything else.
>>
>>65524451
>spilling guts
>golden gal
>recycling
>>
>>65524495
oh thanks, hadn't heard of those ones before
>>
>>65524495
maybe i just can't into side a anymore because i'm sick of floridada

>>65524486
nah davery said they all decided deak should focus on sleep cycle (source: some yt interview)
>>
I really dislike Painting With. Its an okay indie pop album, but there is so much better out there it feels like why bother. And as an AnCo album I think its total trash.

At least Sleep Cycle was solid.
>>
>>65523809
I remember them saying on their leddit AMA that they'd like to do another more droney album like HTCI again in the future
>>
Vertical is still my jam
>>
I still think it's 8.5/10. Lying in the Grass is my SOTY so far.
>>
>>65523809
I'd say Spirit but I don't want them to fuck it up
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.