[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this their last album, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: AbbeyRoad.jpg (251 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
AbbeyRoad.jpg
251 KB, 1220x1220
Was this their last album, /mu/?
>>
No but it's better to think of it that way.
>>
Yes? Why would you think otherwise?
>>65521041
However, are you implying Let it Be isn't a masterpiece as well?
>>
Think it was the last one recorded
>>
In terms of recording chronology yes. They recorded let it be first but released abbey road first.
>>
>>65521054
No, just that it serves as a better finale to their discography.
>>
>>65521025
They put the finishing touches on Let It Be after this was released. Let It Be was their last, but the 70s were really good to the solo Beatles. I'd even go as far to say that the Beatles were better solo than they were together (at least in the late 60s when they started to hate one another)
>>
>>65521054
>was recorded first
>last song is literally "The End" (Her Majesty is not a song)
>was NOT released after the group broke up
p obvious it was meant to be the last
>>
>>65521113
meant to say "recorded last"
>>
For all intents and purposes yes. Let It Be really isn't that bad though, the Naked version can hold it's own with the rest of their late period albums. Paul's songs on Abbey Road (not counting the medley here) are worse than his songs on Let It Be.
>>
>>65521079
All things must pass > let it be
>>
>>65521178
Ram > Band On The Run > McCartney > Plastic Ono Band > Dark Horse > All Things Must Pass >> Let It Be
>>
>>65521204
>McCartney > All Things Must Pass
>Dark Horse > All Things Must Pass
ok
>>
>>65521233
Sorry if I offended you. Maybe it's time you revisited McCartney and Dark Horse.
>>
>>65521281
Sorry if I offended you. Maybe it's time you revisited All Things Must Pass.
>>
>>65521281
You should revisit All Things Must Pass
>>
>>65521345
I've heard All Things Must Pass more times than most Beatles albums. Its high points are AMAZING. Its low parts are some of the most boring and forgettable material that Harrison wrote.
>>
>>65521391
>I have a short attention span
>it's the fault of the music
>>
>>65521204
Electric Light Orchestra > all
>>
>>65521204
70s BEATLES SOLO ALBUM POWER RANKING

Plastic Ono Band > Band On The Run > All Things Must Pass > Red Rose Speedway > Imagine > RAM > Living In The Material World > Mind Games > McCartney > Walls and Bridges > Dark Horse > Venus and Mars > Wings at the Speed of Sound > Extra Texture > Back To The Egg > Goodnight Vienna > 33 1/3 > Sometime in NY City > Ringo > George Harrison > Sentimental Journey > Beaucoups of Blue > London Town > Wild Life > Bad Boy > Rock n Roll > Ringo the 4th
>>
>>65521558
Cheap Trick > Big Star > Badfinger > The Knack > Raspberries > ELO
>>
>>65521573
So wrong. No time to post my ranking. Just imagine more Paul/Wings at the top and more George and Ringo at the bottom.
>>
>>65521281
>>65521323
Sorry if I pooped my pants
*poooooooooP
>>
>>65521615
Except for "Ringo". That's a great album.
>>
>>65521615
>Just imagine more Paul/Wings at the top
I have trouble imagining things that are wrong. Sorry
>>
>>65521649
Sorry that you fell for the solo Paul is bad meme.
>>
>>65521677
Yeah that's why I have four of his albums in the top ten?

Try harder pls
>>
>>65521054

are you implying LiB IS a masterpiece?
>>
>>65521763
Red Rose Speedway was far and away his weakest 70s album. Wild Life is almost as good as Ram and Band on the Run. Back to the Egg as well.
>>
>>65521025
Maybe
>>
u guys are all morons let it be is probably their best album
>>
>>65522825
Get your shit taste out of here
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.