[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I write music like him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x750
How do I write music like him?
>>
stop this shit
>>
Become a white supremacist like him
>>
>>65517466
Take acid and scream like a howler monkey.
>>
fu ck you
>>
GO TO THE ARCHIVE

AND LOOK AT THE OTHER THREADS YOU MADE WITH THE SAME IMAGE AND TEXT
>>
>>65517466
I actually asked him about this yesterday, animal collective came to my town and I could talk like half an hour with him. I asked him if he relied on pot to compose, he said that inspiration just comes and he only relied on drugs for a change of perspective
>>
>>65517466
open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya open up ya
>>
>>65517466
fart
>>
https://clyp.it/f3exvypj

Guys, how is this for a Panda Bear impersonation?
>>
>>65518787
youre getting more yorke than panda

panda's vocals are kinda fuzzy but at least you can make out the words

trust me i listened to his albums today (again)
>>
eat ass
>>
>>65519197
>but at least you can make out the words
you couldn't make out my lyrics?
i hate to ask this but can you like listen to it again
and write down what you think they are as you hear them?
>>
>>65517466
In truth this is something I've been doing for a few years.

First get a sample that's either of a foreign style of percussion, preferably African, and loop it. Add delay to make it more rythmically complex. Add some more effects using various plugins (I recommend Sugar Bytes Effectrix or Sound Toys' Crystallizer) to make some other fun and weird sounds. Get some pads to play repetitive chords. The whole song should be very loop oriented. Find a way to make sure it doesn't get boring. Try using arpeggios and synth parts at seemingly random intervals in the song.

For the vocals, you're going to want to use a lot of reverb and delay obviously, and you want to mix them so they're very top-end heavy. Obviously try your hand at harmonies. Also to get your vocals to sit in a very Noah-Esque way, play around with sends and edit them to make things crazy. Obscure sounds with your mouth.

I think Noah makes most of his music by playing around with various rhythms. Try incorporating multiple rhythms within one song. Not necessarily as poly-rhythms, just switching up hits at various points in your track.

Noahs songs rarely sound empty so try to work on getting every instrument to match a frequency distribution. Make sure you have enough of each.

Godspeed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.