[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ok to delete tracks you don't like or is it better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 240x232
Is it ok to delete tracks you don't like or is it better to force yourself to listen to it the original way the artist intended? I can't fucking stand Sloop John B
>>
>>65514413
just skip it. I wouldn't really delete it. But idk there's literally no rules friend.
>>
>not liking sloop john b

this is the worst thread i've ever been on
>>
pleb
>>
>>65514413
>Sloop John B
In your actual collection? No don't delete. On music player of your choice, home or portable? delete as you please.
>>
i don't usually delete tracks but i had to delete Oh Comely from ITAOTS
>>
>not liking the second best song on the album and the second best Beach Boys song
k e k

Otherwise yeah, delete that shit home.
Life's too short to listen to music that you don't like.
>>
If you've listened to the album all the way through a few times, and you still don't like a track, I don't see any reason why you couldn't skip it.

But not liking Sloop John B? Boo
>>
Sloop John B is a cover song, you're not supposed to listen to it with the rest of the album
>>
It's okay to not like songs, unless that song is Sloop John B
>>
i had to delete fucking moonchild
>>
>>65514413
I reorder track lists sometimes so I guess I have no moral high ground to tell you no.
>>
File: 61VL0wrA-oL.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61VL0wrA-oL.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>65514413
I deleted the What a Beautiful World from the deluxe edition of the deluxe edition of Major Organ and The Adding Machine. Life Form, the actual closer, is just too good to not close the album, and especially to have it be followed, and have the album be closed, by a goofy E6 cover of a Louis Armstrong song
>>
>>65514543
he doesn't like sloop john b, he can never take the high ground
>>
File: 1450207363534s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1450207363534s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>65514540
>Skipping Moonchild
>>
File: 1382206970675.jpg (101 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1382206970675.jpg
101 KB, 854x859
>>65514413
>I can't fucking stand Sloop John B
>>
>>65514473
With all the glowing five-star reviews I've read, and with so many people telling me this album was the new barometer of musical genius, I had to buy it. I have listened to this album many, many times, and it always leaves me perplexed. "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea," to me, is hopelessly mediocre, infantile, poorly recorded, poorly performed, and not at all worth the hype it has received on this website. Anyone who believes this album is "genius," or "innovative" should pick up Webster's dictionary, look up the meaning of those words, and ask themselves if they really describe this album accurately. Many have pointed out the significance of the album's recurring theme of Anne Frank as if it were some brilliant stroke of lyrical mastery. I'm sorry, but most of us read the Diary of Anne Frank in the sixth grade, and the fact that Jeff Mangum is obsessed with it now only proves his childish intellect. His voice is, in a word, abysmal. His supporting players are likewise out-of-tune, out-of-time, grasping for ideas from their limited palette. As for Ms. Frank, nothing new is learned; Mangum leaves only fragmented questions, and no new insight. Of course, fans of the band tell me I just don't get it, that it's so emotional, that it makes them cry. Yet they can't say why it affects them so. As for Neutral Milk Hotel (and the majority of the Elephant Six Collective), I can only say that they've broken no new ground, have no talent, and seem quite content to fool you with the dubious aesthetics of their lo-fi world. With approval from the potheads at CMJ, and the Michael Stipe Seal Of Approval, Neutral Milk Hotel and bands of their ilk, will continue to pump out what is the most overrated dross I think I've ever heard.
>>
>>65514451
>>65514452
>>65514491
>>65514533
>>65514671
These people are correct. You should probably just end it all OP
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 847x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 847x584
>>65514848
>>
>>65514413
I leave it in. Even if I don't particularly like a song, skipping it makes the album experience a lot worse for some reason. Makes it feel dishonest or incomplete, even if the song is dogshit tier. A truly decent album deserves a good listen all the way through. If I really think the album is shit, I skip.
>>
If an album has a song on it that's so shitty I want to skip it, it's probably a shit album. We Will Fall is the weakest song on The Stooges but is it that bad on its own? Not really.
>>
Sloop John B is top 5 track on the album, kys anon because you're a hopeless case.
>>
>not even knowing how to listen to music

Lmao
>>
>>65514413
>I can't fucking stand Sloop John B
HAHAHAhahahahaAHAHAha
>>
>>65514543
i do this too. i also sometimes make a better album by including a b-side or two.
>>
https://youtu.be/Kk7I_KWkswQ
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.