[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beginnering piano
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 81-hT3KUrDL._SL1500_.jpg (149 KB, 1500x680) Image search: [Google]
81-hT3KUrDL._SL1500_.jpg
149 KB, 1500x680
what's a good keyboard to begin learning piano on

preferably something that will last from beginner to intermediate
>>
Look for a keyboard with weighted keys and 88 total keys. I have a casio cdp120. Not the best out there, I'm sure.
>>
OP you dont need to spend that much for a good keyboard that sounds like 80-90% like a real one

anything more than $200 and ur good as long as you're not a goofball

see >>65501238
>>
>>65500880
Just get an upright off craigslist. People just put them up for free sometimes. Get it tuned and you're good to go
>>
>>65501651
I don't have space for a real piano.

>>65501625
All 88 key keyboards on Amazon cost 400-500+
>>
If you want something that will last through intermediate then you'll need 88 weighted keys and you should expect to pay $400-500 USD at least.
>>
>>65502001
Fuck it then I won't learn piano after all.
>>
>>65502571
>giving up this easy
coward
>>
>>65502645
>Implying it's a matter of persistence
I just don't want to, not can I, pay 500 for a keyboard.
>>
>>65502692
If you think being a musician is cheap and easy you were going to fail anyway. Scrub.
>>
>>65502908
>If you think being a musician is cheap and easy you were going to fail anyway.
i paid $300 for a guitar and amp that has lasted me from beginner to high intermediate.

i'm not going to pay $500 for a keyboard in the same circumstances.
>>
Juno. Only buy Junos ever. You need one every year if you're going to keep up.
>>
>>65503107
post the guitar & amp so i can point out how shitty they are
>>
>>65503343
roland cube 30x
schecter diamond series devil custom 81/85
>>
>>65503107
its not about how pretty your instruments are
its about how much your music means to you. : ) ) ) ) ) )
>>
>>65503371
okay so you bought used, you could get a great digital piano (weighted, 88 keys) for $300 or less in the used market.
>>
>>65503557
>you could get a great digital piano (weighted, 88 keys) for $300 or less in the used market.
find me one
>>
>>65503598
yamaha p105
>>
>there are people who don't use weighted keys

What the fuck? I can't even imagine not practising on at least an upright, to practice on a book weighted key must be insane.
>>
>>65503618
you're 100% wrong
>>
>>65503777
you're right, you got me. i understand and accept that not everyone can get a job and save up money for the things that they want.
>>
>>65503895
>makes claim
>gets proven wrong
>resorts to "lol ur poor"
yeah let me take a break from my 20 credit hours to go find a 40hr a week job and still maintain my 3.7
thanks
>>
88 key is not necessary for beginners
lots of cheap shitty ones on craigslist for under $50 - look for people who can't spell piano and try convincing them that it's not worth much at all
aim for weighted or semi-weighted keys
you're unlikely to find a good synth/piano combo so just don't bother with those
>>
>>65504006
also it's a given but it must be velocity sensitive
>>
>>65503923
you'd probably have a better gpa if you took less units bruh.

and i go to uni full time as well, but i still manage a part time and can save up when i need to do. i do have a 3.5 though, so i guess that's my only flaw.
>>
>>65504247
i'm doing pre-med and genetics simultaneously
>>
>>65504324
then it sounds like you really shouldn't be trying to learn a new instrument at this time, focus on uni and when you start making the big bucks, get a fucking grand piano and hire a top notch private lessons instructor.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.