[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do you people prefer the SMiLE Sessions to this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 3629641.jpg (64 KB, 600x853) Image search: [Google]
3629641.jpg
64 KB, 600x853
Why the fuck do you people prefer the SMiLE Sessions to this completed masterpiece? I've always preferred BWP since I first heard it, but I'm listening to this live recording on a DVD I copped at FYE for $10, and goddammit guys this is by far the best shit you can get.
>>
his voice sucks, the magic is gone, and you're deluding yourself
>>
>>65499375
>his voice sucks
False
>the magic is gone
TOTALLY false.

The magic is gone from the half-baked half-finished arrangements you masturbate to as "the real thing."

Brian sings his heart out and it's clear you've barely listened to BWP/haven't seen a live performance of it.
>>
BWP feels like a cheap imitation of what SMiLE could have been. Every single poignant moment is rushed, the production is dumbed down, and Brian's vocals are horrendous when compared to the sessions. Listen to each version of Surf's Up, you'll know I'm right
>>
I'm just thankful the damned album ever got released.
>>
>>65500002
>a cheap imitation
>actually finished BY FUCKING WILSON
Kill yourself.
>>
how complete are the smile sessions anyway? It sounds good as it is to me
>>
>>65500807
There are plenty of holes all over the album.
>>
>>65500824
Its not that noticeable to me
>>
>>65499375
I agree. Nothing beats the authentic beach boy blend and the raw sonic magic of Brian's production.
>>
So basically what you're saying is
1. You don't have any reasonings and
2. you just listened to SMiLE Sessions first and are biased.
>>
>>65500807
About 80%. Vocals need to be added to about 4 songs but the ordering and putting it all together was the biggest obstacle. I think Brian forgot what he was trying to do when he had all these snippets of music
>>
Whatever happened to that SMiLE remix some guy made of the sessions and BWP? It was called like SMiLE 3874 or somnething
>>
>>65499293
I like that he turned "Cool cool water" and "Windchimes" into actual songs in the later version.
>>
>>65502822
Fucking this. Wind Chimes ended up being the best song Beach Boys ever did
>>
>>65499293
I'm pretty sure the Smile Sessions were heavily edited to sound and be sequenced like Brian Wilson Presents Smile.

It really boils down to he doesn't sound youthful, it's a shitty complaint I know, but he needs to to sing a Beach Boys song.
>>
>not prefering soniclovenoize's 1967 mix
>>
>>65501158
If you're talking about SMiLE 3971, here's a download
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/zlUS5K2l/file.html
>>
>>65503160
Oh, and I forgot to mention "Wonderful." That was a huge improvement.
>>
>>65500740
Old braindead Brian is not the same man by any means. It is comparable to Daniel Johnston, who also lost his mind and talent with age.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.