[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /mu/, I hope I'm not the only one that thinks this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: ba854ac2.jpg (155 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
ba854ac2.jpg
155 KB, 953x953
So /mu/, I hope I'm not the only one that thinks this album is shit.

The vocals are atrocious and hard to listen to, with Win Butler ignoring his technical inabilities and belting out high notes leading to his annoying wobbling.

The mixing is absolute shit, with vocals drowned out under the mix, which is fine if it's drowned out by interesting textures that still has clarity, such as some shoegaze bands out there. Instead, vocals are drowned out by some muddy-ass textures that painfully sound like a band that self-produced their album for the first time.

This is frustrating, because I absolutely love the concepts they're going for. The songwriting is excellent, the lyrics are great. It's the shit vocals, shit mix, and overzealous arrangements that are clearly out of the band's ability to mix.

Opinions, /mu/? I may be the only one who thinks this, so feel free to call OP a faggot.
>>
The mixing is great, it's not supposed to sound like pop music, it's supposed to sound like "traditionals" and old vinyl recordings.
>>
Idk, I think the arrangments are quite good.

Is it one of the greatest of all time? Fuck no, but it isn't 'shit'

Solid 7/10 imo
>>
>>65498512
"Shit" is not an opinion. Try to express something other than buzzwords and you might get other than "fag" and "this". Also, what an attention whore. What are you, a woman?
>>
>>65498579
No, I get lo-fi production. Neutral Milk had clipping all over In The Aeroplane, but it was done with style in mind and executed perfectly. I'm not saying Funeral wasn't trying to achieve this type of sound. But if the listener is thinking twice whether or not the album was produced horribly, or if it was done on purpose, a cohesive vision and sound that does not make.

>>65498592
Sorry, I'm not saying the arrangements are bad. When I say overzealous, I mean in terms of the band's ability to mix the sounds they are creating into a cohesive album. They're great arrangements, but if you put hundreds of different sounds and textures into one song, you better damn well know how to mix it.

>>65498615

*Under-qualified vocals *muddy poorly-EQd mix mix
And I'm just trying to get the opinions of some others here, because I honestly don't get the hype.
>>
>>65498512
You're a faggot.
>>
>>65498512
>The songwriting is excellent, the lyrics are great
I like it for this reasons though
>>
>>65498592
Agree with this.
>>
>>65498512
Mediocre pop music. They're only hailed as good or are popular because they came along at the right time
>>
Funeral is incredible get fucked op
>>
>>65498592
>>65499484
Yeah I can say this. Way overrated.
>>
One of the worst albums I've ever heard. Right up there with Sound of Silver and Agaetis Byrjun.
>>
This is like the Joshua Tree of the 2000s. 100% overwrought anthems and ballads. If you don't get the appeal, just walk on by.
>>
vocals aren't bad, arrangements are good, but yeah it was more the right album at the right time

has always been 6/10 to me
>>
>>65500728
>he doesnt think All My Friends is a GOAT song
>>
>>65498512

i hate the album too OP but for the exact opposite reasons
>>
File: aXNhnbbcZZ8.jpg (36 KB, 511x509) Image search: [Google]
aXNhnbbcZZ8.jpg
36 KB, 511x509
As a whole, it's not the best.

That being said, In the Backseat is GOAT
>>
>>65500877
None of the shit songs on this album are anywhere near being GOAT.
>>
>>65498512
You're a faggot
>>
File: 1433220141162.jpg (134 KB, 1600x1296) Image search: [Google]
1433220141162.jpg
134 KB, 1600x1296
>>
>>65499802
I thought so too, but honestly the album is losing its magic on me. I don't get the feeling I used to when listening to the opening track.
>>
>>65498512
I don't know.

I found myself partial to the album. You have solid points regarding the singing ability but while that may be factual - that does not hinder my ability to enough it myself.
>>
I used to love this album and still think it's a strong 8/10
>>
>>65498512
I actually love the wobbly vocals, they seem to add to the feeling of emotional intensity, as if he's gonna fall apart at any moment
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.