[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bob/ - Bob Dylan General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: original.jpg (399 KB, 781x1280) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
399 KB, 781x1280
Let's talk about this suave motherfucker. What's your favorite Dylan album? Favorite song? Did you listen to his "not even trying"-phase Sinatra yet?
>>
File: bobmin2.png (35 KB, 826x800) Image search: [Google]
bobmin2.png
35 KB, 826x800
god
>>
>>65497651
Currently playing Highway 51 Revisited. My third playthrough and it's growing on me more and more with each listen. Blonde On Blonde is lovely stuff too.
>>
>>65497651
>"not even trying"
I haven't heard the new one, but his last one features some of his best vocals in years. Great song selection and good performances. I'd hardly call that not trying.
>>
>>65497811
This.

Seemingly effortless gravitas and poignant af. Not exactly exciting stuff to be sure. But as far as late-career cover albums go, it's more respectable than Rod Stewart's Songbooks and Cash's American recordings, which were mostly just note for note remakes, save for the occasional "Hurt"/"I Won't Back Down" highlight.
>>
Favorite Album - Desire
Favorite Song - Up to Me
>>
>>65497651
DUDE WEED LMAO

>queue auto harp
>coughs into the harmonica
>makes angry masturbation noises that sound like they're from a throat cancer patient
>6 and a half minutes

basically bruce springsteen but autistic

>bad voice
>mediocre guitar work
>"bruh it's all about the lyrics dude. he's exposing all those social injustices"

only good song is hurricane because he had almost no part in writing or performing
>>
currently playing blood on the tracks on repeat, getting over the dissolution of a year and a half long relationship, we're technically "on a break" but it's unlikely that we're getting back together
>>
File: 1465148880988.jpg (44 KB, 350x307) Image search: [Google]
1465148880988.jpg
44 KB, 350x307
>>65498245
>>
>>65498245
Are you even trying?
>>
>Blood on the tracks
>when i paint my masterpiece
>>65497651
i like his sinatra stuff a lot for some reason
>>
>>65498278
It's over, find someone else.
>>
The Complete Basement Tapes might be his best archival release.
What do you guys think of his Isle Of Wight set that was released with the Self Portrait box set?
>>
Blonde on blonde;leopard skin pillbox hat
>>
I think the sinatra album is one of the most painful and heartwrenchingly earnest albums I've ever listened to. I love it.
>>
>>65498320
>>65500758
Nice

Blonde on Blonde
I Want You
>>
I'm really partial to Positively 4th Street atm. Great fuck you song to the hipsters of his time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.