[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rank the openers of your favorite artist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 16
File: 1463896069431.png (191 KB, 379x368) Image search: [Google]
1463896069431.png
191 KB, 379x368
rank the openers of your favorite artist
>>
File: the dismemberment plan.jpg (45 KB, 452x298) Image search: [Google]
the dismemberment plan.jpg
45 KB, 452x298
Sentimental Man = Life of Possibilites > Survey Says > Tonight We Mean It > No One's Saying Nothing
>>
moon > earth intruders > hidden place > the pleasure is all mine > human behaviour > hunter > stonemilker > army of me
>>
only going up until berry leaves

harborcoat > radio free europe > what's the frequency kenneth > drive > pop song 89 > feeling gravitys pull > finest worksong > begin the begin > how the west was won and where it got us > radio song
>>
dear sergio = everything went numb > the three of us = we will fall together
>>
Kid A > IR >= AMSP > Amnesiac > OKC > PH > HTTT = TKOL
>>
>>65493454
packt is #1
>>
>>65492989
hmmm

hunter
hidden place
stonemilker
human behavior
moon
the pleasure is all mine
earth intruders
army of me
>>
almost all his intros are harsh noise
>>
File: talking-heads_huge.jpg (32 KB, 791x600) Image search: [Google]
talking-heads_huge.jpg
32 KB, 791x600
Born Under Punches > Uh-Oh, Love Comes To Town > Blind > And She Was > Burning Down The House > Thank You For Sending Me An Angel > I Zimbra > Love For Sale
>>
PILLBOX>BEWARE>UP MY SLEEVES>COME UP AND GET ME>GIVING GOOD PEOPLE BAD IDEAS>GET GOT>I BREAK MIRRORS
>>
>>65492989
why the fuck is army of me last?
>>
Death Grips

1. The Money Store - Get Got
2. Bottomless Pit - Giving Bad People Good Ideas
3. Government Plates - You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money But I Know What He Really Loves You For Its Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat
4. Exmilitary - Beware
5. No Love Deep Web - Come Up & Get Me
6. Niggas on the Moon - Up My Sleeves
7. Jenny Death - I Break Mirrors With My Face In the United States
>>
Spirit They've Vanished > I See You Pan > Native Belle > Did You See The Words? > Leaf House > Peacebone > In The Flowers > Queen In My Pictures > Moonjock > A Manatee Dance >>> Floridada
>>
File: Taylor_Swift_-_Fearless.png (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Taylor_Swift_-_Fearless.png
62 KB, 300x300
State of Grace>Fearless>Mine>Welcome to New York> Tim McGraw
>>
File: tvu.jpg (122 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
tvu.jpg
122 KB, 1200x1200
Sunday Morning > Candy Says > Who Loves the Sun > WL/WH
>>
>>65495467
1. up my sleeves
2. you might think he loves you
3. come up and get me
4. beware
5. get got
6. giving bad people good ideas
7. break mirrors
>>
File: 1464728178639.jpg (104 KB, 872x685) Image search: [Google]
1464728178639.jpg
104 KB, 872x685
>>65495662
>Who Loves the Sun > WL/WH
>>
Down on the Street > Search & Destroy > 1969 > Burn > Trollin'
Yes I am putting Down on the Street ahead of Search & Destory
>>
Dark Fantasy > On Sight > Ultralight Beams > Good Morning > Say You Will > Wake Up Mr. West > Intro
>>
>>65495807
It's true and you know it.
>>
from propeller to half smiles of the decomposed

1 a salty salute
2 hardcore ufos
3 over the neptune/mesh gear fox
4 wished i was a giant
5 everybody thinks im a raincloud
6 man called aerodynamics
7 teenage fbi
8 fair touching
9 my kind of soldier
10 wire greyhounds
>>
>>65495905
No. I'd rank the openers of their first three albums pretty close together and after a pretty big fucking drop off is where Who Loves the Sun belongs. The openers of the first three albums were some of the best tracks on those albums. That's just not the case with Who Loves the Sun.
>>
Ready Lets Go > Wildlife Analysis > Gemini > Into the Rainbow Vein > Sixtyniner
>>
Up My Sleeves
Beware
Come Up And Get Me
Giving Bad People Good Ideas
Get Got
Break Mirrors
You Might Think He Loves You..
>>
File: U4dDq79.jpg (93 KB, 553x692) Image search: [Google]
U4dDq79.jpg
93 KB, 553x692
Ultralight Beams > We Don't Care > Heard 'Em Say > Dark Fantasy > On Sight > Good Morning > Say You Will
>>
File: 1452197080924.jpg (41 KB, 448x443) Image search: [Google]
1452197080924.jpg
41 KB, 448x443
Somewhat Damaged > Mr. Self Destruct > Head Like a Hole > Copy of a > HYPERPOWER > All the Love in the World > 1,000,000
>>
File: Weezer.jpg (231 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Weezer.jpg
231 KB, 1500x1000
Tired of Sex > My Name Is Jonas > Ain't Got Nobody > American Gigolo > California Kids > (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To > Memories > Don't Let Go > Troublemaker > Beverly Hills
>>
Yarn Ball
Junk Gyre
Kher Keep
Koff Koff
Work Song
Silk Webs
Horn Ohms
Moin&Goin
>>
>>65495568
>being this wrong
>>
>>65495568
>leaf house not #1
>>
File: Conor_oberst.jpg (4 KB, 166x111) Image search: [Google]
Conor_oberst.jpg
4 KB, 166x111
all bad
>>
The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton > Sax Rohmer #1 > Southwestern Territory > You or Your Memory > Amy aka Spent Gladitor 1 > Slow West Vultures > Jaipur > Wild Sage > Damn These Vampires > Running Away with What Freud Said > Alpha Incipiens > Pure Milk > 1 Samuel 15:23 > The Recognition Song > The Garden Song > Tallahassee > New Britian > Then The Letting Go
>>
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 > Domino the Destitude > Time Consumer > Sentry the Defiant > No World for Tomorrow > Always and Never/Welcome Home > Island > The Broken
>>
>>65493454
This is objectively wrong.
>>
File: swans.jpg (342 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
swans.jpg
342 KB, 980x980
1. Screen Shot
2. Stay Here
3. Lunacy
4. A Hanging
5. New Mind
6. Half Life
7. Red Velvet Corridor
8. In
9. Better than You
10. No Words, No Thoughts
11. Love of Life
12. Fool

>>65492989
1. Hunter
2. Moon
3. Hidden Place
4. Pleasure is All Mine
5. Earth Intruders
6. Stone Milker
7. Human Behaviour
8. Army of Me

>>65494465
>>65495467
>>65495754
>>65496564
1. Get Got
2. Up My Sleeves
3. Come Up and Get Me
4. You Might Think He Loves You
5. Beware
6. Break Mirrors
7. Giving Bad People Good Ideas

>>65495868
>>65497773
1. Ultra Light Beams
2. Dark Fantasy
3. On Sight
4. Heard 'Em Say
5. Good Morning
6. We Don't Care
7. Say You Will
>>
File: ino-acc.jpg (813 KB, 1767x2500) Image search: [Google]
ino-acc.jpg
813 KB, 1767x2500
>>65492855
虚言症 > 宗教 > 正しい街 > 流行 > 静かなる逆襲
>>
The Grudge > Intolerance > Vicarious > Stinkfist
>>
3rd Planet > Dramamine > Never Ending Math Equation > Teeth Like God's Shoeshine > Worms Vs. Birds > The World At Large >>> March Into The Sea > Strangers To Ourselves
>>
Sweet Adeline > Speed Trials > Son Of Sam > Coast To Coast > Roman Candle > Needle In The Hay > Angel In The Snow

Everything except AITS is pretty close tho
>>
There's so many opening tracks I really like that if I made this list again I bet it would look completely different and I bet I am going to laugh at this list within 5 minutes. Let's try anyway.

Leon Takes us Outside/Outside
Fantastic Voyage
It's No Game (Part1)
Sunday
Changes
Buddha of Suburbia
Blackstar
Station to Station
Five Years
Beauty and the Beast
Modern Love
Space Oddity
Future Legend/Diamond Dogs
Thursday's Child
Loving the Alien
The Width of a Circle
Young Americans
Little Wonder
New Killer Star
Watch That Man
The Wedding
The Next Day
Day-in Day-Out
Rosalyn
Uncle Arthur
>>
The Mars Volta

1. Son et Lumière
2. Vicarious Atonement
3. Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus
4. Since We've Been Wrong
5. Aberinkula
6. The Whip Hand
>>
Burn the Witch > Bloom > 15 step > 2+2=5 > Airbag > Everything in its right place > Planet Telex> Packt > You
>>
File: eno-2.jpg (149 KB, 470x578) Image search: [Google]
eno-2.jpg
149 KB, 470x578
Needle > Airlines > No One Receiving > America Is Waiting > Skysaw > Under Stars > Discreet Music > Thursday Afternoon > Lizard Point > jesus christ i don't have time for this
>>
>>65504049
Where is Speed of Life?
>>
>>65507261
>>65504049
OUT OF ALL THE FUCKING OPENERS TO MISS
>>
>>65492989
Stonemilker
Hidden Place
Hunter
Earth Intruders
Pleasure is all Mine
Moon
Human Behaviour
Army of Me
>>
>>65507261
>>65507296
Aw jeez, how embarrassing, I knew I was gonna hate this list after making it. I was meant to put Speed of Life just before Five Years but as I said, there are so many tracks that I am doubting if I like the order I made.
>>
>>65495568
surprisingly solid, but not fully correct
Spirit They've Vanished > I See You Pan > Peacebone > Native Belle = Leaf House > In The Flowers > Moonjock > Queen In My Pictures >>> Floridada > Did You See The Words?
some things I want to add:
>A Manatee Dance is unrankable to me because it's not much of a song and therefore I think it's unfair to compare it with other openers as such. It makes a fantastic opener for DM though.
>Native Belle is a better song than Peacebone but not as good of an opener, mostly because after hearing the early version of HCtI known as Ark I realized that its tracklist was far superior. On HCtI, Too Soon feels very boring and bland as a closer, but on Ark it makes for a fantastic buildup to the explosion of ideas on Native Belle and really the whole reordering makes the entire album much more interesting and cohesive. It's a shame the final product wasn't in that order.
>Leaf House might be a better song than Peacebone but I think Peacebone definitely makes the better opener.
>Queen In My Pictures is great but I just don't feel that there's any good way you could open Campfire Songs.
>In The Flowers is generally pretty overrated.
>Feels is incredibly overrated. There's some good stuff on it, but Did You See The Words? is not part of that stuff. Maybe I need to give the album more listens but the in indie rock really waters it down.
>>
>>65496495
I'd maybe switch Gemini and Into the Rainbow Vein if I was in an odd mood, and I'd also maybe put Ready Let's Go as equal to Wildlife Analysis, but otherwise that's 100% accurate. Good job anon.
>>
>>65499670
I know I'm eight hours late but I did a double take when I saw this post
I wouldn't think anybody here would even know who Zan-zan-zawa-veia was, let alone know enough to be able to rank their openers
in fact I don't think I could either, but that's more due to their discography being a clusterfuck and me not having listened to them in a while
regardless, you have good taste anon
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.