[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the fastest way to get enough money to leave your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: stockhausen.jpg (38 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
stockhausen.jpg
38 KB, 948x711
what's the fastest way to get enough money to leave your parents house because they are ruining your experimental band by not letting you meet cause you get high?
>>
a job seems to be only sure tried and tested way

but we both know that's not gonna happen is it, OP
>>
>>65472320
what kind of job?
>>
Move to Leipzig
>>
>>65472331
>Leipzig
what have they got? do they komiteche music there?
>>
>>65472349
I heard it's like Berlin, except it hasn't been too gentrified by trust fund kids yet, so rent is cheap and you can still make noise in abandonned warehouses maybe.
>>
God, you are so cool.
>>
>>65472297
Sell your cock and balls on chaturbate. If you're under 18, FOAD.
>>
>>65472451
wish I had money to go there I have no money.

>>65472461
the irony is all the fans of my side project are probably gonna get a lot of fucking music now that I'm confined to my room in the summer heat.
>>
>>65472494
wow can't believe I'm actually considering that...
>>
>>65472498
Can we hear your shit ?
>>
>>65472582
the band hasn't released anything. I shill my side project pretty frequently so I don't want people to know I'm RUI
>>
>>65472297
get a girlfriend and let her become a camwhore and you split the money 50/50
or become a camwhore for gay guys
>>
>>65472610
nah but a gf that would drive me places would work kinda
>>
>>65472610
so a campimp
>>
>>65472652
yeah and cam blackmail just incase she tries to cut you out the deal :)
then you spam all her stuff to her parents
>>
>>65472753
ruthless. Ill just get some chicks picture and catfish someone instead I think
>>
>>65472297
why don't you just sell drugs like everyone else who's broke and in a band
>>
>>65472925
I don't have a car or money or drugs or freedom

also if I had drugs I'd just do them. I think I'm gonna start playing shows to get money for drugs.
>>
>>65473037
>buy more than you use
>sell to friends
>sell to your friends' friends
>profit?
maybe start making your own once you save a little bit of money depending on the drug
>>
>>65472451
Brit-fag here. This actually makes a lot of sense. Germany does seem like one of the best places in Europe to settle for a creative but you only ever hear about the city of Berlin for obvious reasons...
>>
>>65473129
I don't have friends but more importantly I don't have the mobility socially or technologically to sell drugs. I can't just walk around selling drugs it's not that kind of area. Might have to start taking the bus though. I need to get a job.

>>65473206
If I didn't have student loans I would be hitch hiking right now. Shit sucks.
>>
>>65473246
What did you go to school for?
>>
>>65473298
I was a theatre major originally but flunked out cause of drugs and schizophrenia. Nowadays I study digital media at a new school and it sucks. They just fired the only teacher who knew anything too at the end of last semester. I'm on break now, was gonna start a band and now it's ruined basically.
>>
1 out of 100 musician make it (and by making it I mean they make enough to not die out of cold and hunger)
Stop wasting time and build an actual career
>>
>>65473392
this has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>65473383
If you know anyone in a decent paying factory job you could do that. A relative is getting me in and he's always on drugs when he's off so testing probably isn't a problem. I'm in America though not sure where you are.
>>
>>65473542
yeah ill have to look around
>>
>>65472297
this is the /mu/est post I've ever seen
>>
>>65472297
Idk where you live but splitting a house roommates is probably the cheapest way to go.

You're gonna have to work a lot though. Freedom might be worth it.
>>
>>65473900
at this point it basically is. I still have a year at my current school where I commute from home but I definitely gotta get the fuck outta here. it's retarded I'm dying here.
>>
>git gud
>make groundbreaking album (not some derivative harsh noice shieet)
>take the global scene by storm through current technological means of connection
>profit

Pretty simple
>>
>>65473941
Lol yeah this obviously.
Seriously though. I rent a shitty bungaloo and work a crappy retail job for a couple bucks over minimum wage, but I play music with my bandmates once a week and dick around with recording in my free time. Sure, it doesn't give my gf much to brag about to her friends, but I enjoy my life. I just love playing and will do it for the rest of my life.... only difference is, my parents let us practice in their barn because they're not assholes. Occasionally they complain about the noise, but we essentially play the same kind of groovy, folk rock parents can dig (think America gone a little bit Pavement/Silver Jews) so our music just sounds nice 'n fun, not harsh or abrasive. Parents are very kind to let us practice there, though they certainly do not care about our music at all. They just accept it's something we have to do.
>>
>>65474372
>, my parents let us practice in their barn because they're not assholes.
I wish. It's mainly cause i smoke pot though. They aren't really assholes so much as they are just painfully misguided.
>>
>>65474490
We smoke pot in the barn nearly every time, and they know that. They pretend they don't know though, cuz they definitely don't support that shit.

Anyone that plays music knows why drugs and music are always intertwined, but to any outsiders (esp. your parents) it just looks like an excuse to act like an idiot with loud devices. Make good music. Share your process with them. Show them you're improving, and that you're serious.

No parent would have a hard time with their child playing music. It's a beautiful thing. Just don't be a shithead about it. Play for keeps, practice like you're performing. Think about what all your experiments and flubbed notes sound like to your parents across the way... literally get gud.
>>
>>65474601
That's all I wish my parents could be like. I don't even need to do shit here but they won't let me go somewhere if they think I'll get high.

I know what you mean by get gud, definitely working on that, but it's really frustrating cause they are a level of pleb I don't comprehend. My shit gets around a hundred downloads and some of my youtube shit is over a thousand views. I know those numbers aren't huge, just you would think it would be enough for them to even try and listen to my music. Personally if I had a child I would listen to all the music they made out of sheer curiosity what my genetic material is doing. My parents don't give a shit at all though. They basically just think I'm brain damaged and are frightened and ashamed of what I create.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.