[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all the glowing five-star reviews I've read, and with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (459 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
459 KB, 1500x1500
With all the glowing five-star reviews I've read, and with so many people telling me this album was the new barometer of musical genius, I had to buy it. I have listened to this album many, many times, and it always leaves me perplexed. "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea," to me, is hopelessly mediocre, infantile, poorly recorded, poorly performed, and not at all worth the hype it has received on this website. Anyone who believes this album is "genius," or "innovative" should pick up Webster's dictionary, look up the meaning of those words, and ask themselves if they really describe this album accurately. Many have pointed out the significance of the album's recurring theme of Anne Frank as if it were some brilliant stroke of lyrical mastery. I'm sorry, but most of us read the Diary of Anne Frank in the sixth grade, and the fact that Jeff Mangum is obsessed with it now only proves his childish intellect. His voice is, in a word, abysmal. His supporting players are likewise out-of-tune, out-of-time, grasping for ideas from their limited palette. As for Ms. Frank, nothing new is learned; Mangum leaves only fragmented questions, and no new insight. Of course, fans of the band tell me I just don't get it, that it's so emotional, that it makes them cry. Yet they can't say why it affects them so. As for Neutral Milk Hotel (and the majority of the Elephant Six Collective), I can only say that they've broken no new ground, have no talent, and seem quite content to fool you with the dubious aesthetics of their lo-fi world. With approval from the potheads at CMJ, and the Michael Stipe Seal Of Approval, Neutral Milk Hotel and bands of their ilk, will continue to pump out what is the most overrated dross I think I've ever heard.
>>
Reply to this post or you will be abducted by cyber gangsters
>>
>>65467449
>>
nice pasta senpai
>>
>>65467449
Shoo shoo cyber gangsters
>>
>>65467449
I don't approve of their ilk!
>>
At least wait a few days before posting it again
>>
>>65467432
>so many people telling me this album was the new barometer of musical genius
riight, had to stop there

>>65467449
not taking chances with that
>>
>>65467449
oh god
>>
File: 1450733553320.png (321 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1450733553320.png
321 KB, 431x450
>>65467432
>buying an album

stopped reading right there
>>
>>65467432
too many words
>>
>>65469340
>not supporting pieces of art that have brought joy into your life
If you think music isn't worth money then you probably don't like music. When you die you'll just be another leech and all your experiences in life will have just been light and pixels on the internet.
>>
>>65467449
whyyy
>>
>>65467449
>>
File: 1462947118314.jpg (53 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
1462947118314.jpg
53 KB, 440x440
>>65467432
>that it makes them cry.
I unironically tear up at this album. I can't explain it.
>>
>>65467449
Cum
>>
>>65467449
hands off cretin
>>
>>65467449
>>
>>65467449
:)))))
>>
>>65467449

You dun goofed. I called the cyber police who are backtracing this post as we speak. The conequences will never be the same.
>>
>>65467449
cant run the risk
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.