[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come these are the only Power Electronics albums that RYM likes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: chart.png (147 KB, 756x756) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
147 KB, 756x756
How come these are the only Power Electronics albums that RYM likes?
>>
Because power electronics is a bad genre.
>>
>>65464570
because they're entry level and accessible for PE standards
>>
>>65464599
This
>>
RYM can't into electronic

Can't into IDM

Can't into House

Can't into anything electronic

If you like Dadrock or boring, uninnovative Avant-Teen shite though, they have you covered
>>
>>65464570
Because by and large RYM is made up of normies who listen to sad indie bullshit and wouldn't know power electronics from power noise
>>
This thread seems like the best place to ask this question.

Are the lyric on Birdseed supposed to be kind of funny? Stuff like:
"What did you want to be when you grow up?
Certainly not RAPED"
Always makes me laugh.
>>
>>65464643
That explains why Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk are all over the top charts
>>
>>65464827
Kraftwerk is dadrock.
You're right about Aphex Twin: they love pretentious IDM that doesn't innovate. Boards of Canada too.
Correction then: they can't into any electronic music other than IDM.
>>
>>65464752
Considering it has 14 minutes of rape victim confessions some of which by girls who got molested as kids I don't think it's supposed to be humourous.
No child wants to grow up with the memory of rape etc but you are probably too edgy to understand this.
>>
>>65464599
>>65464640
It's not. You just have shit taste and can't into agressive, crude electronics.

Maybe if you explain why is bad I can take your shitty opinion into account.
>>
>>65464752
I'm not sure how they intended it to be, for me its far too over the top to take seriously.

Up until the track Birdseed all the lyrics just make me laugh. After being hit with the track Birdseed everything feels a lot more malicious and depressing though.
>>
>>65464908
Most power electronics is abrasive for the purpose of being abrasive. I like some noise (Geoff Mullen - Armory Radio being a top favorite) and abrasive, loud music, but PE tends to not really have any end goal. It's aimless, structureless abrasion. I can see the allure of it in its primality and indulgence in anger, an often unexplored emotion in music, but PE tends to overindulge and lose track of what it wants to be. It lacks sustenance and direction. Mind you, this is from the small amount that I've listened to, but I really don't want to explore it further, since it's the complete opposite of what I like.
>>
>>65464859
>implying Turny doesn't exist
Also, I adore Hi-NRG and ghettotech.
>>
>>65465055
tru
>>
>>65464752
If im not mistaken William Bennett (frontman of whitehouse) said something along the lines of all music/art should be somewhat vague so that people can interpret it for themselves

for me, while yeah the vocals/lyrics are over the top and sometimes funny, I always felt like Bird Seed is an attack on basically everything involving rape, domestic violence, and shit like that

"Why You Never Became A Dancer" is about people who falsely accuse others of rape/pretend to be a victim of rape in order to gain attention, "Philosophy" is a mockery of people who beat their spouses, "Cut Hands" criticize people who do stupid shit for attention, etc.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.