[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More happy, upbeat prog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: YES-Fragile.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
YES-Fragile.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
More happy, upbeat prog?
>>
>>65462438
just started listening to this. Really liking it. Not as pretentious as other stuff, and doesn't take itself too seriously.
>>
>>65462570
I haven't heard this in some time, thanks for reminding me. Besides Soft Machine, what do you think the best Canterbury groups are?
>>
Gryphon - Red Queen To Gryphon Three
>>
File: national-health-st-1978.jpg (107 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
national-health-st-1978.jpg
107 KB, 598x600
>>65462438
>>
>>65462656
I'm new to the genre so I wouldn't be able to comment on that with any authority. I'm just starting to move outside of the Genesis/Yes/King Crimson bubble that I've been in for a long time. Perhaps Rock Bottom by Robert Wyatt? And while they may not fit the description very well, I've been enjoying Mirage by Camel a lot also.
>>
>>65462438
An Endless Sporadic. Listen to their self titled album. They're my favorite (somewhat) new prog band. Also listen to their EP, Ameliorate, specifically, the Adventures of Jabubu

>>65462656
not that guy, but I dig Hatfield and the North a whole lot. Every member of the band is a virtuoso at their respective instrument.

Here's some great footage of the band that just surfaced on youtube recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qpw8GnphlA

Phil Miller has a playing style and stage presence like that of an autistic robot. Very cool.
>>
>>65462438
easy
Yes - The Yes Album
Yes - Close to the Edge
Yes - Relayer
>>
>>65464852
Don't Forget Yes - Going For the One
>>
File: starcastle.png (506 KB, 482x483) Image search: [Google]
starcastle.png
506 KB, 482x483
>>65462438
This songs kinda fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSZepYc219Y
>>
>>65462438
This is a good one, also Nursery Cryme from Genesis
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.