[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this guy? Is he /mu/ core or cancer (or both)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Asap Rocky.jpg (830 KB, 2000x1331) Image search: [Google]
Asap Rocky.jpg
830 KB, 2000x1331
What does /mu/ think of this guy? Is he /mu/ core or cancer (or both)?
>>
irrelevant meme rap cancer
>>
He's meh, has a few good tracks, some mediocre. Pretty much his whole discography. No albums worth listening to, but some tracks are definitely granted a listen.
>>
>>65461794
Neither. Loved him at first to be honest, he has some catchy tunes, especially if you're a young impressionable teen like me, but kinda gets old pretty quick and there are much better rappers out there.
>>
>>65461808
Not really irrelevant if both of his albums have been number 1 in Billboard
>>
Some of his songs are great, like Peso.
>>
>>65461794
i thought his last album was really good
surprised that it got kinda overlooked. i think people were hoping for either cloud rap or trap from it, but rocky went with a more dark approach.
>>
he's very bad
>>
trash
>>
shit
got more hype for his fashion.

without yams asap is shit good riddance
>>
L$D is gold. He has some other cool songs too. To bad he doesn't write most of his songs.
>>
His albums are really well curated. I think it's kind of like his fashion sense. He's not the deepest or most quotable rapper, but his albums work really well together and do interesting things. L$D is an exception and a GOAT track.
>>
>>65461794
I'd say he needs a great beat behind him for him to perform in a great way. Songs like peso, purple swag, angels, & LPFJ2 are all really good, but they all have flawless production. Not really a guy that I'd recommend listening through his albums, I find myself picking out songs from his discography rather than listening through his tape/albums, the latter I do with most rappers. At best a B+ rapper, but more towards B- overall
>>
>>65465606
The thing is when he does songs well, he does them REALLY well. Some of the songs you mentioned plus Goldie and Hell are prime examples of this.

The rest of his stuff just sounds like filler.

Fun fact: he's considered cloud rap on wikipedia, along with CloudDead and Flatbush Zombies. Thought that was weird
>>
yamborghini high is my jam
>>
>>65461794
well he's definitely not /mu/core
i really like live love A$AP, but i really dislike long live asap.
>>
>>65461794
He had a sexual relationship with a guy named Kenneth from Harlem
>>
his songs are mediocre as fuck, with the occasional amazing song. i listened to all his albums btw
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.