[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which artists have the best fans on /mu/? worst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: wew.png (144 KB, 378x402) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
144 KB, 378x402
which artists have the best fans on /mu/? worst?
>>
>>65456445
>worst
Anything involving harsh noise.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>
>>65456445
Bjork fans are the worst desu, I like her but they don't want to talk about her music, they just want to spam photos and webms and creepy fantasies. At least the kpop fans stay in their containment boards.
>>
Worst
Grimes(I like grimes, btw)
waifufags in general
Kpop fans, though I appreciate that they keep it to their threads for the most part

best:
Despite being popular here, Sufjan Stevens fans. idk, first thing that pops up often and isn't annoying.
>>
Death Grips for both.
>>
Worst
21 Pilots :^)

Best
Belle and Sebastian, never seen any twee pop thread be awful
>>
>>65456445
Metal bands and Death Grips.
>>
Best:
Autechre (far from my favourite group, but the general threads are always a pleasure to look through)
anything Brian Wilson
The Mars Volta
anything Phil Elverum
of Montreal

Worst:
Death Grips (really most current hip-hop)
Grimes (looks like shit and music is beyond shit)
anything K-pop
>>
The Beatles by far have the worst fanbase imaginable.
>>
>best
Kpop fans, much respect to them for keeping that vile shit to themselves
>worst
Beach Boys fans. Chill out guys, it's not that good
>>
>>65456826
>it's not that good
It is, though
>>
>>65456839
this is exactly what i fucking meant
>>
>>65456445
>worst
Kpop fans
Kanye fanboys
Taylor Swift
>Best
?
>>
>best
Grouper, Nujabes, Tim Hecker, Microphones/Mount Eerie
>worst
just the cringey waifu shit and dadrockers
>>
>>65456839
way to prove him right
>>
>>65456814
>Autechre
yeah even if it is a bit circle-jerky /aeg/ is p much always ace, which is a nice change in pace cause their fans irl can be pretentious fucks lol
>>
>>65456826
the Kpop fans only keep it to themselves because there is no music to share to begin with

agree with the beach boys fans being cancerous though
>>
consider this

>best
the fans who don't post about the band here
>worst
the fans that post about the band here
>>
>>65456924
nah
>>
>Worst
Tame Impala
Taylor Swift
>Best
idk.. Sunn o))) I guess
>>
>>65456924
yeah no
>>
worst right now is grimes, and it's not even close

young thug fans were fucking annoying for a while but at least it seems to be dying down now

best fanbases are the ones you don't hear about
>>
>>65456595
>>65456814
>>65457082
>grimes
Daily reminder to be nice to Grimes
>>
Worst would be Grimes, Taylor Swift. I love them both though.

Best would be the Jazz fans.
>>
>>65457135
>Best would be the Jazz fans.
jazz discussion on /mu/ is nearly nonexistent, and when it does exist it's mostly jtg drones with a vendetta against anything that isn't post-bop
>>
>worst
any fanbase within which the focus isn't on the music. Bjork, Grimes, Newsom (sometimes), Kpop, etc. And AnCo fans.

>best
Metalheads are helpful and Kate Bush bros have always been nice to me + they seem to love her first and foremost for her music.
>>
>>65457185
>they seem to love her first and foremost for her music.
if kate bush becomes the next casualty of waifufags, i'm leaving this board for good
>>
The Duster threads are always a joy to read
>>
>>65457183
>jtg
explain this please
>>
Fans of hating AnCo and Swans are the worst
People that hate Death Grips are pretty annoying too but actual Death Grips fans are so goddamn obnoxious
>>
>best fans
none
>worst fans
all of them
>>
>best
Pre-1989 Taylor fans

>worst
Post-1989 Taylor fans

rip /tsg/
>>
>worst
Grimes fans
&
Anti Grimes fans
>>
>>65456814
/thread
>>
every band has terrible fans

people are terrible
>>
>>65456445
Radiohead fans are pure cancer.
>>
>>65456445
>worst?
Swans - The worst possible combination of smug, 3edgy5u moodiness. The fanbase just loves to wallow in the fact that Gira acts like a grumpy dick.

Kanye - By far the least ability to discuss actual music of any fanbase. There's more discussion of music in K-Pop threads. Kanye's fanbase is 100% style and personality over substance.

Deafheaven - Not as bad as it used to be, but when Sunbather came out they were fucking rabid in their defense of the album against any and all questions.

Classical - I'm a huge classical fan. Classically trained violinist with undergrad and grad degrees in music. For the most part here, the classical threads are a constant pissing contest to see who can out-obscure each other. It's fucking insufferable.

>best?
REM - REM threads aren't as frequent here, but when I see REM threads they most often have the most actual discussion of music with the least amount of shitposting. It seems like the fans actually enjoy listening to a discussion their albums, which is fucking rare for any artist on /mu/. Trolling is minimal in their threads, and the fanbase seems mature enough to ignore them.
>>
File: 18Y4NyN.jpg (61 KB, 723x960) Image search: [Google]
18Y4NyN.jpg
61 KB, 723x960
>>65456613
belle and sebatian arent twee theyre chamber pop
>>
>>65458287
Truth. They are two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>65459024
>Classical
If classical threads were purged of Erik Satie and all his circlejerk fans, I honestly think the classical discussions here would improve dramatically.
>>
>>65459112
Does anyone even know what the fuck twee is?
>>
>>65459024
>For the most part here, the classical threads are a constant pissing contest to see who can out-obscure each other.

t h i s

/classical/ is literally the same exact shitposting as the rest of /mu/, just with composers namedropped
>>
>>65459290
No, but /mu/ knows it's BAAAAAD!
>>
>>65459290
personally i used to listen to a lot of twee pop bands as well as belle and sebastian and theres similarities but twee is more like power pop but for soft little girls while chamber pop is more beatlesque
>>
File: 1460114605278.jpg (36 KB, 400x269) Image search: [Google]
1460114605278.jpg
36 KB, 400x269
>>65458718
>people are terrible
this

also, this thread is just
worst: bands/artists i don't like
best: bands/artists i do like
with that in mind...
best: id say post-rock fans are probably the most chill and not fanboyish ones I encountered, besides Swans fans.
Worst: without a doubt Kanye West, Grimes and Death Grips fans, although I liked DG and early KW.
>>
>best
None, really
>worst
Ricardos (bjork), Grimes and antigrimes (they both spam too much)
>>
>>65456445
death grips then tame impala (they actually think that this boring band did something good with lonerism and innerspeaker and both albums are just so cringe )
>>
>>65457185
>metal heads the best.

they are retared as fuck and they like shitty cringeworthy music that uses overdrive and meme screams.
>>
>>65460886
>Ricardos

Is that what they call themselves? Wow
>>
Kpop faggots take the cake
>>
>>65457185
>AnCo
I'm a big fan of AnCo and I sort of agree. There's a lot of infighting within the fanbase. I remember a guy blowing a gasket over people saying they liked CHz, calling them "AnCo newfags"
>>
>>65459024
>The worst possible combination of smug, 3edgy5u moodiness
I've never seen an actual Swans fan who was like that, only anti-Swans people saying that Swans fans were like that.

In my experience, Swans fans, on /mu/ at least, are pretty helpful and positive
>>
ITT

The worst are the most unlike me.

The best are the most like me.

In fact:

The worst are those who make threads like this.
>>
Tool fans are gross
really gross
>>
>>65460886
>>65461040
no that is not what we call ourselves wtf
>>
>>65461254
Bullshit. If you actually fucking read the thread there are plenty of fans who dislike their own fanbase.
>>
c:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBUXBdnuRtQ
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.