[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck is this considered psychadelic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: pet_sounds_artwork_1024_1024.jpg (669 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
pet_sounds_artwork_1024_1024.jpg
669 KB, 1024x1024
How the fuck is this considered psychadelic
>>
its not psychedelic
where did you get that from
>>
>>65438184
not all psychedelic rock music has to be distorted and heavy

>>65438200
it's the first genre tag on wikipedia, and the third genre tag on rym
>>
>>65438184
There's a lot going on
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWlKCfSPcU
>>
>>65438342
>not all psychedelic rock music has to be distorted and heavy
yeah it's still not psych music gramps give up
>>
>>65438342
If you're on the wiki page for it they have an entire section discussing the psychedelia of it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sounds#Psychedelia
>>
Taking a Phil Spector style Wall Of Sound and adding moving polyphonic melodies to it definitely makes for something that sounds psychedelic. It's not psychedelic as in like I would necessarily call it psych pop, but it definitely has a psychedelic feel to it similar to say...Loveless.
>>
>>65438184
Just listen to the sunset on a California beach at the end of You Still Believe in Me

Just listen to how I'm Waiting for the Day flows seemlessly through its verses and highs and lows

Just listen to a dog barking and jumping against a fence at the passing of a train in the train yard at the end of Caroline, No

Its just nuanced and not in your face with cool wooshing noises like other psych music
>>
>>65438550
tHANKS
>>
>>65440382
yr welcom
>>
>>65438550
None of this is psychedelic though
>>
>>65438428
>what is anecdotal evidence
>>
this is the worst thread I've ever been in
>>
>>65440574
You must be new.
>>
>>65440702
SOO hoist up the the t.pleb sail
>>
>>65440574
baka desu senpai
>>
>>65440745
See how the shit post sets
>>
>>65438422
>>65438200
>>65438342
Its psych because the entire album was influenced heavily by Brian Wilson's acid use. Its dense orchestration is related to that.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.