[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1440
Thoughts?
>>
File: CAfEtUbUQAAq7eS.jpg (13 KB, 163x216) Image search: [Google]
CAfEtUbUQAAq7eS.jpg
13 KB, 163x216
>>
9.1/10 album but i wish the songs would just quickly start and not have quiet sound effect bullshit at the beginning
>>
>>65437742
My thought as well, some just take the half of the song before they actually start singing...
>>
>>65437742
>9.1
HAHAHA
>>
>>65437902
what's so funny?
>>
>>65437742
Agreed
>>
>>65436861
It's a solid release from them. I think it ranks somewhere in the middle of their discog. Excited to hear Decks Dark and Present Tense performed live at ACL.
>>
>>65437742
>9.1
more like 1.9
>>
>>65436861
is that supposed to be a head after shotgun blast or wtf´s up with the cover art
>>
>>65438033
fugg I'm jealous, I hope they come to Australia next year.
>>
File: uwotm8.png (278 KB, 672x528) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.png
278 KB, 672x528
>>65436861
I'm enjoying this album less and less. Apparently it burns itself out in about a month. All that remains is uninspired crowd pleaser and boring pity-stirring muzak. Radiohead could put out fart noises if they wanted and people would flock to buy 100 dollar special editions. They are pretty much taking the piss these days and collecting money.
>>
9-9.5, loved it, the more I listened to it - the more I liked it
>>
>>65438077
Do you post this same exact thing in every AMSP thread? Just wondering
>>
>>65438106
I think he changed up the wording a little, at least. But damn, who cares that much about something they don't like?
>>
>>65438077
not true, this album was piss form the beginning
>>
Beautiful album, 8/10. Definitely better than TKOL
>>
File: The King of Limbs Hater.jpg (164 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
The King of Limbs Hater.jpg
164 KB, 1600x1200
>>65438313
kill yourself, summerfag
>>
>>65438313
But TKOL is 9/10
>>
Grows more and more on me. Decks Dark and Present Tense I can't get enough of.

Somehow the dread on the first listens got replaced by peacefullness, kind of like TKOL went from weird and spoopy to rhythmic and dancey for me.
>>
>>65438453
Eww babies are gross, I bet it's getting saliva all over that newspaper, why would you do that?
>>
for those of you who didnt like this album, can you give an actual reason why?
>>
I wish Present Tense sounded more like the Mexico Soundcheck version.
I also wish they hadn't fucked up the synth part in Identikit.
>>
A Moon Shaped Pool is very much a musical headcleaner. Completely unremarkable and mostly inoffensive when used as background music. "Boring" is a good word to describe it, I think. It's not so much that it's bad, it's more that the music contained on this record is so painfully predictable I could've written this review without listening to any of it. If you've heard any post Pablo Honey Radiohead album - if you've heard any Coldplay album, or any Muse album, or if you had a dream that U2 were even more boring than they are, you've heard this. It's amateur orchestral arrangements, falsetto warbling, and psuedoexperimentalism to the highest degree, repeated for 11 tracks. It's a wonder to me that Thom Yorke and co. still have any gas left in the tank after all these years, but I guess when you're exerting zero energy, and retreading the same ground over and over, it doesn't take much out of you. I can hardly blame Radiohead for it. If I could make the same record nearly a dozen times (not counting the refreshingly different The King Of Limbs) and be hailed as the greatest musician of my generation for it, I'd certainly cash in.

Final Score - 3.0/10
>>
>>65440304
>amateur orchestral arrangements
well this is something I kinda agree with.

plus they ripped off metallica (2:02)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQnzs8wl6E
>>
File: RadioheadBusinessEmpire.jpg (226 KB, 709x705) Image search: [Google]
RadioheadBusinessEmpire.jpg
226 KB, 709x705
A Moon Shaped Pool Ltd.
>>
>>65436861
A snooze shaped bore
>>
did this get extremely boring for anyone else?
>>
This will be Radiohead's last album
>>
Daydreaming is the best song on the album.
>>
>>65440757
how did they rip them off

i listened to the thing
>>
>>65436861
I just cant get into it

most if not all the songs seem real average

Id rather just listen to In Rainbows and Amnesiac etc

Just real average

Only Burn the Witch had a punch to it
>>
>>65442338
at first I thought the arpeggios were cheezy

but yeah
>>
>>65442478
>radiohead
>cheezy
Pick one
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.