[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone on /mu/ hate this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
I get that early punk might be considered to be too stale for some on /mu/, but I think many people are saying that the only studio record by the Sex Pistols is an awful album.
>>
I think people for some reason think the Sex Pistols were a sham. I mean, their manager was definitely a massive tool, and Sid wasn't a "real" musician, but John Lydon was totally sincere. It's that marvelous directness that makes the album great, along with the guitar effects and the forcefulness of the drumming.
>>
I think people for some reason think the Sex Pistols were a sham. I mean, their manager was definitely a massive tool, and Sid wasn't a "real" musician, but John Lydon was totally sincere. It's that marvelous directness that makes the album great, along with the guitar effects and the forcefulness of the drumming.
>>
>>65434646
why listen to that when the Clash exists?
>>
I like the Sex Pistols, I just think PIL is better.
>>
I think people for some reason think the Sex Pistols were massive faggots. I mean, their manager was definitely a massive faggot, and Sid wasn't a "real" man, but John Lydon was totally up for a bum. It's that marvelous directness that makes the hole sore, along with the heat and the forcefulness of the pounding.
>>
>>65434894
Well done, anon.
>>
>>65434917
Thank you, thank you
>>
>>65434646
It's one of those albums that is good because it's influence over quality
>>
>>65434646
Its the kind of album that its good to understand, and good to outgrow, but it will always put a smile on your face when you hear it later.

Haven't listened to it from front to back in years, but I still "like" it.
>>
Some great songs on it but as a full album its not that good
>>
>>65436091
this
>>
>>65434646
It's a solid album that gets a lot of shit because it has been overhyped by music critics.
>>
>>65434646
Who the fuck is saying that?
As far as Dad Rock albums go, this is one of my personal favorites.

>>65434862
At least The Sex Pistols had the wherewithall to break up before selling out and putting out something awful like London Calling.

And, just as an aside, why does everybody think Never Mind The Bollocks is the only studio album The Sex Pistols ever put out? Has everybody forgotten about The Great Rock and Roll Swindle?
>>
>>65434862
The Clash were faggots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDUhR8vK70
>>
>>65437519
Is their debut album the best?
>>
>>65437519
>Has everybody forgotten about The Great Rock and Roll Swindle?
That album gets ignored because it was a cash-in that was made after John Lydon had left the Sex Pistols. Some of the tracks on it are pretty good but it's really shameful that Malcolm tried to replace John with Ronnie Biggs and Edward Tudor-Pole. Both of them were worse singers than John, neither of them had John's spirit and hiring Ronnie Biggs was cheap sensationalism that had no real point.
>>
File: sid.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sid.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
bad musicians to be honest,

but people idololize them due to their attitude and the ideal they seemed to symbolize.

Good musicians create an image of another world or another lifestyle, and they did this successfully.

They were nihilistic, transgressive, and seemed to not give a fuck. Except for maybe Sid, and maybe then even him, this proved to be false, but meh.

The band really played the image of "punk" well, and like someone previously said, they were initially a decent concept band, that gets overhyped by teenagers and dad rockers, and thus became underrated for what they were.

I think they're best moment was where they had this interview on some British talk show and they started cussing and the host freaked out. I dont think anyone had really seen anything like that in mainstream music at the time and it was just "woah, this beats the hippie shit or fleetwood mac, so much attitude, wow". Sort of like /b/ in 2009, its just a case of a rather recalcitrant band getting attention for its recalcitrance and a following in people pissed off and anti-social for w.e reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IAYFh0CaI
>>
because it's not punk and it's puerile garbage
>>
>>65434862
why listen to either when good punk that's actually punk exists
>>
>>65434646
To me they were more influential than good. I appreciate their part in music history, die to their attitude and how they connected to young people with what was pretty harsh music back then. They were never good at their instruments, but I guess that was kind of the point.
>>
>muh punk
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.