[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We fast-forward into weeks/months since Death Grips dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
ITT: We fast-forward into weeks/months since Death Grips dropped their recent collab with Les Claypool, and they finally announce that they're releasing a 13-track collaborative album with several different artists (including Claypool). Which artists do you think will be featured on each track of the album?

>Al Jourgensen & Alec Empire
>Les Claypool
>Autechre*
>Tom Morello
>Holly Herndon*
>Mike Patton
>FKA Twigs*
>The Prodigy*
>Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, El-P (on co-production only), & Clementine Creevy
>Chino Moreno*
>Techno Animal*
>Mick Barr
>Josh Homme, Iggy Pop, & Jehnny Beth

*Nick Reinhart will be featured on guitar in every other track on the album except for these
>>
>>65433949
Daniel Lopatin, James Ferraro, or Arca pls
>>
since Death Grips is meme rap, the natural progression for them is to collab with memes.
I want to see them do a collab with Chocolate Rain guy and rebecca black :^)
>>
>>65434156
Shitposting goes on /b/
>>
JEFF MANGUM HAHAHA
>>
>>65433949
fka twigs probably, since they're close to pattinson and shit
>>
>>65433949
>Techno Animal
Uhhhhh no?
>>
>>65434294
well I mean they are well connected with Kevin Martin, so the possibility of them reuniting on a DG track would not be all that far out of reach. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if JKB is a fan (let alone familiar) of DG's music honestly.

If not Techno Animal, then I really hope they collaborate with Justin Broadrick at some point.
>>
File: hunther (7).png (313 KB, 540x441) Image search: [Google]
hunther (7).png
313 KB, 540x441
i would love to see this
>>
>>65434533
I think Greg Fox would have more of a chance doing a collab with DG than HHH imo.
>>
>>65433949
>Josh Homme, Iggy Pop & Jenny Beth
>Iggy Pop
>IGGY POP
>FUCKING IGGY POP AND DEATH GRIPS
>YES
>>
>>65433949
>Al Jourgensen
>2016
lolno
>>
>>65434837
I'm pretty sure they're at least fond of Ministry. Idk, an Al Jourgensen x DG collab would sound dope as fuck imo, even if he's kinda past his prime artistically at this point.
>>
i think omar rodriguez collab could work, him and zach have already worked together. his old effect laden, spastic guitar playing style could compliment DG's sound well.

Peter Christopherson and John Balance would be dope, on a slower track.
>>
>>65434175
this thread is a shitpost
>>
>>65433949
DJ
HIGH
FUNCTIONING
STROKE
>>
I'd rather see how good a return to the Exmilitary approach with recognizable sampling would be now that they've been continuously improving for five years.
>>
>>65434560
>band has two drummers
sure why not
best case scenario, both. hunter is a huge dg fan after all
>>
>>65436026
STOP THAT
ONLY I AM ALLOWED TO FORCE THAT MEME
>>
>>65436008
your life's a shitpost m8
>>
>>65434156
xdddddddd meme rap
>>
File: jewsdid911.jpg (41 KB, 728x440) Image search: [Google]
jewsdid911.jpg
41 KB, 728x440
Lynyrd Skynyrd
>>
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Lightning Bolt
Joanna Newsom
Marnie Stern
Shit and Shine
Psychic TV
Locust
Butthole Surfers
Young Gods
einstrudenze neubauten
Battles
>>
>>65437614
Not bad at all desu.

leave out Joanna Newsom you got yourself a 9/10 feature list right here.
>>
>>65437829
Nervous Cop tho
>>
>>65433949
I really wanna see semi-popular to popular artists that they've influenced work with them.

Imagine Tyler, The C and Kanye working with them. Not for how good it would be or experimental/ground breaking it would be, just think of it for a moment. Very interesting things could happen with this.
>>
>>65437928
That doesn't sound interesting at all
>>
I need Merz Grips desu
>>
>>65437962
I don't care how much of an insane egotistic selfish talentless maniac meme you think Kanye isn't, you know you wanna fucking hear him on a DG track just for shits and giggles
>>
>>65433949
why didn't you just say "nick will be featured on these tracks" instead of the other way around
>>
>>65438037
because the ones that are asterisked are the tracks that WON'T feature Nick on guitar.
>>
john zorn
>>
File: 1459620768732.jpg (114 KB, 593x541) Image search: [Google]
1459620768732.jpg
114 KB, 593x541
glurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurpglurp
>>
>>65438208
oops wrong board sorry lads
>>
>>65434156
>i hate memes
>let me talk about memes all the time guys lmao XD

you 90s kids really are retarded
>>
File: memebirds.jpg (21 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
memebirds.jpg
21 KB, 220x293
Death Grips + Michael Gira when
>>
An FKA Twigs collab should be eletronic and drums only no guitars
>>
Death Grips and Omar

I wouldn't be ready.
>>
>>65438227
if you're 26+ you should probably leave here.
>>
>>65438244
>>65438130
learn how to read moron
>>
>>65433949
>Kamasi Washington (because there would be a funny shitstorm)
>Dalek
>King Crimson/Robert Fripp
>My Bloody Valentine
>Opeth
>Autechre
>Sonny Rollins
>Flaming Lips
>Kendrick Lamar (because of how much it'd push Kendrick as a rapper)
>White Suns
>Boris
>As many of the people from Faust's original lineup as they can wrangle
>>
>>65438337
> Boris + DG

I would pay in blood to hear that
>>
>>65438244
What if Robert Pattinson has already introduced FKA Twigs and Death Grips? It could be very likely considering he's friends with Zach Hill and he played guitar on Birds.
>>
>>65433949
>Shawn Kemp/LUM

That is all
>>
>>65438337
Why hasn't Fripp worked with Hill on a math rock thing yet? It just seems right.
>>
>>65438853
because he's too busy jerking off to his own solo albums
>>
>>65434601
Iggy Pop loves Death Grips so it's not far fetched
>>
>>65438983
Which one?
>>
>>65438337
>As many of the people from Faust's original lineup as they can wrangle
But would that be kind of cheap considering Dälek already did a Faust collab.
>>
>>65438853
Cause he's busy rolling Crimson around the States playing "this hits" with three drummers.
>>65439145
That was a pretty good collab though and I think they'd complement each other musically. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it.
>>
>>65439144
I doubt Zach even gives a flying fuck about his past solo work anymore (other than the I.L.Y.'s), given the overall creative and (somewhat) commercial success of DG as an individual project.
>>
Melvins even though it would never happen
>>
>>65439145
Not really. It's my understanding that members of Faust were at least planning on collaborating with other underground noisy hip-hop groups. They even recorded a track with Food For Animals at one point.
>>
>>65439212
I actually like Face Tat as much as any DG album.
>>
>>65438751
BOOM
>>
>>65438130
But why didnt you asterisk the ones he IS on?
>>
>>65439478
Because then I'd be asterisking most of the album, which wouldn't make any goddamn sense.
>>
>>65438208
>>
>>65434560
>two drummers
>>
>>65440917
>greentexting that like it's a bad thing
>>
Death Grips x Kate Bush would be a killer collab
>>
>>65433949
Brian Chippendale somewhere please
>>
>>65433949
6/20 Death Grips drops an EP do you live in a basement or something?
>>
>>65443142
Nah we don't believe random shit online without verification especially when it comes to death grips
>>
>>65437928
No
>>
Fresh track from interview 2026 https://clyp.it/nthtdm43

*LEAK*
>>
>>65433949
Jimi Hendrix of course
>>
>>65444101
This shit is too wack to be from death grips
>>
>>65434156
trk9: Rebecca Black fckng Dies
>>
>>65438238
would be so awesome but I just can't see it happening considering how stingy MG and Stefan are.
>>
bump for more memes
>>
>>65437614
If they could get Brian Chippendale on any of these I think my head would explode
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.