[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Festivals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18
File: roskilde1.png (1 MB, 732x846) Image search: [Google]
roskilde1.png
1 MB, 732x846
So, anyone going to any festivals this summer?
I'm going to Roskilde.
Pic related is the lineup. What would you have seen?

Also, Festival General
>>
File: roskilde2.png (524 KB, 719x652) Image search: [Google]
roskilde2.png
524 KB, 719x652
part 2 of the lineup
>>
>>
i'm (OP) plan on seeing
LCD
MO
RHCP
Tame Impala
Action Bronson
Chvrches
Foals
Gojira
Grimes
Kvelertak
M83
Miike Snow
Schoolboy Q
Skepta
Anderson .Paak
Danko Jones
Kakkmaddafakka
Lars Vaular
Vince Staples
>>
Going to Roskilde too. I going to try to hear the following, but probably not gonna happen:

KLUB 27
Gramatik
Anna von Hausswolf
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
ODESZA
PJ Harvey
Macklemore
CHVRCHES
Tenacious D
Savages
Ghost BC
S!VAS
Stormzy
Skepta
Neil Young
DJ Paypal (for the name only)
Tame Impala
The last Shadow Puppets
Cattle Decapitation
Los Pirañas (for the memes)
New Order
David August
LCD Soundsystem
>>
>>65433834
idk i went to see one hiphop gig and one of the biggest names in the world now i dont feel like shit even if i got the tickets
>>
Haha Los Pirañas is worth the price
>>
>>65433909
>not seeing neil young
what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>65434092
what?
>>
>>65433909
what about car seat headrest, mac demarco, freddie gibbs, badbadnotgood, you're missing a shit ton of cool stuff
>>
File: openair.png (546 KB, 640x627) Image search: [Google]
openair.png
546 KB, 640x627
I'm going here
>>
I was pretty excited for Levitation about a month ago but they canceled it and those mother fuckers still haven't refunded anyone's money yet.

>they continue to advertise merch for a canceled show.
>>
>>65433834
How the hell are LCD Soundsystem listed first? They're easily the least popular band there
>>
>>65435475
Gonna check those out. That's kinda why im making this thread, to discover new shit i wouldn't have gone to.
>>
>>65433834
you danish, or just a tourist? I'm really excited to go see New Order.
>>
>>65435907
Norwegian, third time at Roskilde this summer
>>
>>65433834
what a strange line up

there's some great stuff on there no doubt, but there's zero coherence

skepta right next to slayer with lcd soundsystem headlining alongside neil young and macklemore?! must pull in the most bizarrely mixed crowd
>>
>>65435933
Roskilde was always about the mixed crowd, it's not trying to fit any genre or theme, just have something for everyone.
>>
File: 16lup1200pxwideab.png (432 KB, 1200x2032) Image search: [Google]
16lup1200pxwideab.png
432 KB, 1200x2032
Going to this.

Not too much in the higher card but always lots of good no names on smaller stages
>>
>>65435296
never really been a big fan of him, and i'd rather see Schoolboy Q who is playing at the same time desu
>>
I fucking love Roskilde. I'll be seeing Thugger, DJ Paypal, Tommy Genesis, Mwuana, Hinds, LCD Soundsystem and Damon Albarn. I'm just gonna dance and party the rest of the time, or just hit up whatever shows are happening
>>
>>65433834
I'm not going to Roskilde myself, not enough for my taste, and after they replaced Future with fucking Schoolboy Q I'm even more happy I didn't get a ticket. However, since I'm Danish I've been following the announcements anyway and these are the ones you should go see:

DJ Paypal
Young Thug
Stormzy
Floating Points
Vince Staples (why the fuck is he not in the category with the next biggest font?)
First Hate
Why Be (!!)
>>
>>65435532
I don't know what the fuck Roskilde are doing. It could be so good... Anyways, I'm just looking forward to Strom Festival lol

>>65435933
>>65435953
Yeah Roskilde was always about the mixed crowd, but fuck, just don't fucking hire Slayer and Neil Young and even fucking Macklemore.
>>
>>65435967
seems pretty good to me
Muse, Coldplay, Foals, LCD, Disclosure, Skepta, Grimes, Sigur, Art Garfunkel, Vince Staples, Band of Horses, explotion in the sky, Chvrches, m83
>>
>Definitely seeing
GBV
Built To Spill
Julia Holter
Protomartyr
Tortoise
Besnard Lakes
The Sonics
>Maybe see
Kaytranada
Dawn of Midi
Deafheaven
Psychic TV
Suuns
Health

I dunno, the lineup feels pretty weak this year which is kinda shocking considering how many great releases there have been over the last year
>>
>BONNAROOOOOOOO
Lineup isn't great this year, but the environment is too wonderful not to miss
>>
File: SledIsland2016second.jpg (114 KB, 560x859) Image search: [Google]
SledIsland2016second.jpg
114 KB, 560x859
>>65436137
fuck
>>
number 1 rule for a festival should be not to hire fucking old dadrock bands and solo artists from such former bands (just like i saw art garfunkel was listed in one of the line-ups posted in this thread), it's a waste of fucking money.
>>
>>65436156
Those are the acts that make all the money for the festivals m8.
>>
>>65436137
if you can, see angel olsen as well, she's fantastic live
>>
>>65436195
Roskilde is going to be sold out anyways, trust me
>>
>>65436212
I might do, there's a ton of holes in my schedule I need to fill. Usually Sled Island's lineups are fucking godly but I'm really not feeling much out of this year's.
>>
>>65436156
i had good time watching Toto so you should reconsider the comment you had about senior music
>>
>>65436300
I also had a great time watching Rolling Stones, but that's the only dadrock act I've enjoyed. And when you think how many younger, smaller, more experimental artists you could have showcased for the same amount of money
>>
>>65436247
It is already sold out. Only "Used" tickets are selling right now
>>
>>65436330
But none of them are any good, as shown by 2016's music.
>>
>>65436156
Saw Paul Mccartney at Roskilde last year. Fucking incredible show.
>>
File: Delenda_logo_2014_2.jpg (717 KB, 6000x3017) Image search: [Google]
Delenda_logo_2014_2.jpg
717 KB, 6000x3017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-O1HFai_TE

READY FOR THOSE METAL FESTZ LADIES AND GENTS ^^^^^^
>>
File: Osheaga.jpg (901 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Osheaga.jpg
901 KB, 1200x1800
Was gonna go to Amnesia Rockfest, would be a great line up if it was 1999, but not in 2016
>>
Cattle Decapitation is coming to Roskilde this year for all you metal folks
>>
Cattle Decap smoked up some of our bros in 2009. shit was dope... literally
>>
>>65437008
Seems as though it's many of the same names playing on roskilde
>>
im going to mamby on the beach in chicago in july to see anco, small black, tycho, and miami horrors
>>
>>65436342
Yeah, but that's including the dadrock acts.

>>65436959
I heard it was pretty average
>>
>>65434033
DJ Paypal is pretty cool. Footwork & stuff
>>
>>65437232
Yeah, I only found out about him, because of the festival lineup. The name amused my so i cheked out the music and it's really interesting.
>>
File: line-up.png (199 KB, 1895x930) Image search: [Google]
line-up.png
199 KB, 1895x930
how about a game? Post a festival line-up and leave out the headliner(s). No cheating

I'm going here, probably not even gonna see all that many acts
>>
>>65437268
obviously, the objective is to guess the headliners
hint: there are two acts not on that picture
>>
>>65437268
Geussing some german festival, since there are so many german names...

Googled it and it's OpenAir right?
>>
Bestival, Blissfields, would go to field day next week but none of my friends want to go ;_;
>>
>>65437214
One day tickets are still selling yes. Know someone whos buying one of those and just staying on the festival for two days to hear Stormzy and Skepta.
>>
>>65433834
Best Kept Secret
Down the Rabbit Hole
Rock Werchter

I'm guessing /mu/tants aren't really festival types though
>>
>>65437008
Any experience with Pop Montreal? I'm in town the week it's on and thinking I might jump in with a wristband.
>>
>>65433834
>Wiz is on the top
>Young Thug is on the bottom

??
>>
>>65437368
Not from the Montreal area, a bit further East and driving a couple hours in so no.
>>
So hyped for Roskilde, been there ~8 times, the warmup days are half the experience. Most of the great artists have already been mentioned, but I'm especially hyped for
>Blick Bassy and
>Anderson. Paak

Any other Danes in this thread? Roskilde city native here
>>
>>65436137
Don't miss Deafheaven!
>>
Summer Slaughter and Houston Open Air
>>
Why the fuck would you have Explosions in the Sky at 13PM, ever, though?

- Beach Slang
- Explosions in the Sky
- Wild Nothing
- Beach House
- Beck
and some more
>>
File: 1465081553949.png (5 KB, 435x269) Image search: [Google]
1465081553949.png
5 KB, 435x269
>>65437439
Representing Norrebronx, senpai
>>
>>65433874
Lineup isn't even amazing, but it's still ten times better than anything we'll get in Perth this year
>>
>>65437610
Anything with a good Soho set is a great lineup
>>
>>65433874
lineup sucks but i'd go to that just for James V McMorrow

dude's a GOAT singer
>>
>>65435967
Yo that festival looks lit af
>>
>>65437517
Solidt bror. Camper du derude?
Another rec for anybody going to Roskilde:
>Juníus Meyvant
Icelandic indie folkpop-core, but great as fuck (idgaf-core) and there'll probably be loads of festival memegirls
>>
>>65436150
OH SHIT CAKES DA KILLA
>>
>>65435967
You know you're big af festival when you can have Damon Albarn as a day opener.
>>
>>65437730
ofc, the first three days are the most insane. Can't miss out on them..
>>
>>65435967
Fukin same names as Roskilde. Top kek
>>
>>65437387
Sometimes I really don't get how Roskilde rates their artists. The same goes for Vince Staples, like wtf
>>
>>65436330
but that's not what brings the people in; you have no big names on the bill and nobody is interested
>>
>>65438230
Yeah but both Vince Staples and Young Thug are quite big. also, that doesn't really go for roskilde, it gets sold out each year
>>
>>65438230
Roskilde is basically an institution in itself here in Denmark, they don't have to play it totally safe. a lot of the older people and younger contrarians like to complain that "they destroyed our rock festival, fuck all this new pop shit!!!" which is hilarious
>>
File: feel15.gif (5 KB, 569x510) Image search: [Google]
feel15.gif
5 KB, 569x510
>first time in four years not going to bonnaroo

no regrets missing that lineup but damn it just hit me, no spicy pizza pie or amish donuts this year
>>
>>65437441
I really don't like anything that involves metal screaming but there's literally nothing else of significance playing when deafheaven is on so I might just force myself by default.
>>
>>65433834
Going to Roskilde Festival as well but unlike most people who attend, I want to see live music. Look for the guy in the leopard onesie if you fancy a drink and a chat.

My list is pretty bloated. I will probably not get to see it all but I hope to get at least 30+ shows in like the last time I was there for the entire week.

>June 25th
Immortal Sound Selectors

>June 26th
Gents
Kasper Marott
Why Be

>June 27th
Sudakistan
Kablam
First Hate

>June 28th
Deadpan Interference
Reykjavíkurdættur
Ivan Ave
Klub 27

>June 29th
Little Simz
The Orchestra of Syrian Muscians + Damon Albarn (why always him?) + Guests
Gramatik
Vince Staples
At the Drive-In
Föllakzoid

>June 30th
Hello Psychaleppo
Blick Bassy
Gaye Su Akyol
PJ Harvey
Ho99o9
Birdy Nam Nam
Savages
So Pitted

>July 1st
Vassvik
Fox Millions Duo
BadBadNotGood
Calypso Rose
Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufield
Neil Young + Promise of the Real (not a very big fan, so I will not be sticking around for long)
DJ Paypal
Meshuggah
Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith

>July 2nd
Kalàscima
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra
Officerfishdumplings
Guardian Alien
Sturgill Simpson
Cattle Decapitation
New Order
Halshug
Sumac
>>
going to latitude this summer. shame, I would've gone to glastonbury but those headliners were shite. who's worth seeing?
>>
any Rock Werchter visitors here?
>>
I want to go to MoPop fest but dont have any friends
>>
>>65433909
If you have time, see Letlive. The frontman puts on a crazy good show and is very energetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G08Zmu6jU4
>>
File: opener2016poster.jpg (1 MB, 1240x1683) Image search: [Google]
opener2016poster.jpg
1 MB, 1240x1683
I'm going to Open'er, Off and either Tauron Nowa Muzyka or Krakow Live in Poland. Initially I planned to go to Primavera(IMHO best line-up of all European festivals) instead of all of the above but I broke my leg so had to give up. Maybe I'll go to Lollapalooza Berlin too as I really want to see Radiohead this year.
>>
File: NOS-Alive-2016-2.jpg (506 KB, 1829x2048) Image search: [Google]
NOS-Alive-2016-2.jpg
506 KB, 1829x2048
Anyone else going here?
>>
>>65442648
No, but holy shit what a line-up
>>
what's good about festivals
it looks like as far as actual music goes that most of them are far from ideal
>>
I never go to festivals because I have no friends
>>
>>65442742
>I never go to festivals because I have no friends
Good luck trying to see Radiohead without going to a festival buddy
>>
>>65442843
wrong post (?)
also i hate Radiohead
>>
>>65442806
>getting pulled around to shit you're not interested in while a killer act you're dying to see at a different stage is on because your friends insist on it

I'll never understand the appeal of voluntarily putting a ball and chain around your ankle. I'd rather be able to just freely move to whatever the fuck I want to see or ditch whatever I don't care for without having to take a committee vote on everybody else's feelings every time I want to move.
>>
File: thom_yorke_why.png (309 KB, 200x307) Image search: [Google]
thom_yorke_why.png
309 KB, 200x307
>>65442843
yea aren't coming to fukin roskilde because they wana play at smaller festivals. ffs
>>
Copenhell anyone?
>>
>>65444653
>I'd rather be able to just freely move to whatever the fuck I want to see or ditch whatever I don't care for without having to take a committee vote on everybody else's feelings every time I want to move.
>not having the balls to do exactly that

Bitch ass nigga
>>
File: What-The-Festival-2016-Poster.jpg (407 KB, 776x1200) Image search: [Google]
What-The-Festival-2016-Poster.jpg
407 KB, 776x1200
my brother likes edm so I'm going to this to do drugs and bond with him
>>
>>65435532
Its all in alphabetical order
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.