[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1024x1024
>>
>>65431117
paul mccartney obviously
>>
>>65431152
/thread
>>
File: rog.png (200 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
rog.png
200 KB, 480x480
>>65431152
>>
File: 1154632625262.jpg (189 KB, 500x627) Image search: [Google]
1154632625262.jpg
189 KB, 500x627
>>65431194
>better bass guitarist
>better songwriter
>objectivity more qt3.14
>raised from the dead to deliver us from our sins
>member of the most excellent order of the british empire
>embraces change instead of desperately clinging onto an alright album released 35 years ago

no contest m8
>>
>>65431386
>better songwriter

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *takes deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>65431117
>>
>>65431412
orange btfo
>>
>>65431411
They're both shit song writers, but McCartney is less shitty. Stop
>>
>>65431411
oh man, i never thought of it like that
>>
>>65431386
>Paul McCartney song-writing:
"Honey Pie
Honey Pie

Honey Pie
Honey Pie

Honey Pie
Honey Pie
Honey Pie
Honey Pie

I love you, Honey Pie"

>Roger Waters' song-writing:
"There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb."
>>
>>65431412
Apples are by far the most boring of fruits. They are still decent especially when compared to shit like McDonalds but when compared to Oranges a fruit that is almost as popular and just as good as more obscure fruits such as Grapefruit and Peaches it can't compete.

Who do you think is the Orange here m8?
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1536x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1536x851
Those arms tho
>>
>>65431469
so you're comparing the musical equivalent of a shitpost with something that sounds like it was written by a sad 15 year old? you sure got me friendo
>>
>>65431518
What the fuck does that even mean? I'm proving they are on two totally different planes of existance when it comes to song-writing. I am not debating if McCartney is a better bassist, or whose more charismatic or who fucked the hottest women. I'm stating why Waters is better. Paul was known for mainly pop and paired with Lennon a lot. Waters wrote every song while he was in Floyd and the music was more than a fun beat and catchy lyrics.
>>
>>65431542

beatles songs may have been attributed to Lennon/Mccartney but in reality, most of the tracks were writting by one of them. There are a lot of Mccartney composed songs that are more than just a 'fun beat and catchy lyrics'
>>
>>65431470
>Peaches
>obscure
Literally the subject of a Roald Dahl book, plebcore fruit.
>>
>>65431515
How much heroin did he jack?
I know he claims to only have tried LSD once and stayed clean since, but that's probably just to keep up a respectable image. The guy was lead in the biggest psychedelic band at the peak of the era and a big rock star during the period where rock stars were the most insane. Also a lot of the Wall implies heroin use.
>>
>>65431542
>Waters wrote every song while he was in Floyd
This only happened on the Final Cut.
>>
>>65432896
Not true. He wrote The Wall all by himself, as did the Dark Side of the Moon and everything after Syd
>>
>>65432991
Gilmour co-wrote a couple songs on the Wall, Dark Side had input from all members, pre-Dark Side had whole segments of albums where he had no writing credits.
>>
>>65433033
>>65432991

Wright for a short time after Barrett's """departure""" was the band's main songwriter.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.