[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the better album, /mu/tants/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: nsc9.png (231 KB, 862x270) Image search: [Google]
nsc9.png
231 KB, 862x270
Which is the better album, /mu/tants/?
>>
Ramones obviously. The Sex Pistols sound really really dated and that album has like 2 good songs.
>>
>>65429800
My opinion is literally the contrary
>>
File: Damned_machine_gun_etiquette.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Damned_machine_gun_etiquette.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
they're both very good. think i slightly prefer the anthemic guitar lines and snarling vocals of nevermind the bollocks but it's been a while since i've listened to either. pic related is my favorite 70s punk album.
>>
>>65429766
Sex pistols, hands down.
>>
>American punk

Firstly, Ramones S/T sold about 1000 copies and most people back then barely even knew it existed. Not even faintly comparable with the huge overnight media sensation the Pistols were in 1977. The media were queuing up to interview them back then and they were even banned from the BBC for insulting the Queen.

It was a revolution and a generational shift. Overnight, hippie 60s values and music were sent off to the rubbish bin. Nobody wanted to hear from the Stones, Floyd, and The Who anymore, not least British teenagers in the late 70s. They wanted their own bands and ones that actually spoke to the kids, not a bunch of bloated, 35 year old millionaires in a chartered jet with cocaine and hookers.

The Ramones had no such impact. Even in their own NYC, they were barely known to the majority of people.
>>
>>65429800
>>65429820
i think they're both shit tbqh
>>
I prefer PiL over both tbqhwyf
>>
>>65429946
The Ramones may not have been as sexy or have as immediate an impact as the Pistols, but in the long run they influenced an entire generation of bands. You'd be hard pressed to find an American hard rock/metal band from the 80s-90s that doesn't cite them as an influence.
>>
>>65429766
Both are complete trash without any redeeming qualities.

The only people that enjoy those albums are 50+ and only listen to them for nostalgia or because they are retarded plebs.
>>
>>65430103
>>>/reddit/
>>
NMTB easily.

>Murkan "punk"
>>
Sex Pistols, every Ramone song sounds the same. Pistols at least had anger.
>>
>>65430313
The Ramones sounded almost...too...happy and teenybopper. Punk is supposed to be about anger, dammit.
>>
The correct answer is Ramones
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.