[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tony Visconti to release Blackstar follow-up and more unheard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 1500x1500
http://www.contactmusic.com/david-bowie/news/tony-visconti-says-he-s-in-talks-to-release-unheard-david-bowie-songs_5278145

>David Bowie’s close friend and longtime producer Tony Visconti has said he’s in talks with the singer’s management team to release previously unheard Bowie material in the coming years. Visconti began working with Bowie in 1969 and produced his final album, Blackstar, which was released two days before his death in January.
>Visconti said Bowie also told him that he had recorded five other new tracks, intended for a follow-up album to Blackstar. “I haven’t heard those songs yet,” Visconti told the Evening Standard. “I might actually have to help his managerial company to find them.”
>"I have an idea where he might have recorded them, but there is also a lot of unreleased material from many albums. I think it’s logical that over the next few years, you’re going to hear a lot of stuff that you haven’t heard before."
Thoughts?
>>
literally who cares, David Bowie has been irrelevant since 2016?!!!
>>
I hope they won't release some unfinished shit for some easy cash
>>
>>65429538
Would you rather they record extra parts is the songs are unfinished?
>>
>>65429561
depends
if they know what was supposed to be in the background, of course, if they don't, no
>>
>>65429600
By the sounds of it even Visconti knows very little about these songs so I doubt he'd have a clear idea of how they were meant to sound. It'd be a shame not to release them on that basis though.
>>
>>65429639
meh
I guess my first post was poorly worded. If the songs are unfinished, I'd like to know before buying anything, but I wouldn't be surprised to buy "5 NEW, UNRELEASED BOWIE SONGS BUY NOW NOW NOW" and then get unfinished stuff for 3 times the price.
>>
File: David Bowie - Lazarus prance.webm (2 MB, 1088x1080) Image search: [Google]
David Bowie - Lazarus prance.webm
2 MB, 1088x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FODvjYoVEi8&list=FLrBLm3sf1aMerEfDU4i540Q&index=20
>>
>>65429673
Bowie's dead so why feel the need to pay? Or at least listen before you buy.
>>
They just better fucking keep releasing the remasters. They did a stellar job with Five Years and if they stop at Pin-Ups I'm suing.
>>
>>65431047
I believe Bowie approved the next few series of boxsets.

The next one is apparently called 'Golden Years' and will be released in September and is supposed to include Diamond Dogs, Young Americans, Station to Station, David Live, Live at Nassau Coliseum and Re:Call 2
>>
I'm pretty sure this is old news. Could have sworn Visconti said David had everything planned out in his will as far as releases go (what to release and what not to release)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.