[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you fit the stereotype of the music you most enjoy? For example,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: accurate tbh af fam.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
accurate tbh af fam.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
Do you fit the stereotype of the music you most enjoy? For example, people who like indie music have low self-esteem, and so on.
>>
>>65427286
Uh, finding what is the genre that I like the most is already difficult. I guess that post-punk could be a strong candidate, but what is the stereotype for pp listeners?
>>
I listen to indie and hardcore and I have low self-esteem and a lot of anger

So yes I guess

>>65427347
They are faggots
>>
I don't really have a favorite genre... just "pretentious" music in general. I don't think I fit the stereotypes, I'm pretty down to earth.
>>
absolutely

i only listen to post-spectralist xenharmonic satellite machine improvisation, and i am a shapeless cosmic entity irl
>>
Not really. I feel like I'm a pretty average person without any real standout qualities that someone might be able to pick me out of a crowd with. Also I'm not sure what I'd consider my favorite genre.

I guess you could say I have low self esteem though, but I think that's pretty common.
>>
>>65428110
>shapeless cosmic entity
>still listening to musical vibrations
wow what a plobstrian
>>
I don't shower very often, does that make me a stereotypical metalhead?
>>
At this point I'm starting to doubt that there's anyone in the world with high or even normal self esteem.
>>
>>65427286
what's the stereotype for people who like rock music
>>
>>65428265
pathetic losers
>>
File: American-Football-1425.jpg (1 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
American-Football-1425.jpg
1 MB, 1425x1425
I listen to emo and think I fit the stereotype of an anxious and melancholic college student with relationship hang ups
>>
>>65428241
Trump. I'd say kanye he's kinda autistic so i don't know for sure.
>>
>mostly black metal, doom metal, and a combination of ambient/drone/dark electronic shit
stereotype me /mu/
>>
>>65428217
depends on what kinda mealie you wanna be. blackgaze and cuckmeal dress impeccably.

>>65429179
typical /mu/tant.
>>
>>65429179
long hair, smells bad, probably isn't good at shaving, wears black pants even when its hot out
>>
>>65429197
but i don't listen to a lot of /mu/core
>>
>>65427286
there really isnt a stereotype for people who listen to modern jazz, country rock, and avant-prog so I think I'm good

just kind of sucks cause there aint really any community for me
>>
>>65429230
you don't have to listen to /mu/core to be a mutant. /mu/talhead sounds better. you like other types of metal other than those two?
>>
>>65429247
>modern jazz
rec me some shit senpai
>>65429265
I listen to pretty much all kinds of metal, including power metal
I have like 950 metal albums out of the almost 1300 albums I have rated on rym. Those are just my favorites.
>>65429226
>tfw twink, short hair ginger who shaves somewhat regularly and hates black pants
guess that's a no for the thread then
>>
Well...the music shaped me.

I'm American, but the genre is Britpop. Got into it when I was 13. Started affecting the clothes I wear and the way I talk somewhat. I did have low self esteem at the time, so I copied the confident swagger. Still dress the same and people think I have a Canadian accent. But I'm a lot more self confident now.
>>
>>65429247
isnt that what most modern music students listen to?
>>65429296
>Including power metal
you wanna fight or something? there's no need to put that down faggot.
>>
>>65427286
No. I look like a metalhead but I don't listen to any metal other than Sabbath and the 4 early thrash metal. I'm more into electronic music.
>>
>>65429296
>rec you some shit senpai
Cuong Vu, the 80s Braxton Quartet, Myra Melford, Ellery Eskelin

>>65429332
Yeah there are some kids in the jazz program here who I see at a lot of concerts around the city, but they're all fucking incredible at their instruments and I'm not, lol.
>>
I mostly listen to girly pop music and I'm probably gay
so I guess yeah
>>
>>65429360
in other words, a poseur.
>>
>>65427347
>I guess that post-punk could be a strong candidate, but what is the stereotype for pp listeners?

Snobbery and pretense

>Yea I have a diverse range of music, Joy Division, Pop Group, Swans the list goes on...
>>
>>65427286
Not at all.
I hate the people that tries to fit with the stereotype of the music they like.
Also everyone who is a living stereotype meme like the indies faggots have low self-esteem.
>>
>>65429173
His whole presidential run came out of his incessant need for validation, especially after Obama made him look like a bitch at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. He might not have low self esteem but I don't think his mind is all that healthy either.
>>
>>65429424
i think of artsy uk middle class leftist youth in the early 80s in black and white photographs
>>
I primarily listen to noise, jazz and most genres of electronic music, including dub and synthpop. I have high self-esteem and I am outgoing and social. Do I fit a stereotype?

>>65429247
>no community for me
If you have a wide taste, how can that be? You can practically fit your taste into a lot of groups. I mean, that is what I do.
>>
>>65427286
I had no idea that was a stereotype of indie hahaha but no I guess not. I love indie but I generally have really high self-esteem, I'm just asocial.
>>
>>65429179
>"Oh yeah bro it's all about the fucking atmosphere"
>"You don't like my stained and torn t-shirt, well fuck you!"
>"Technically complex, how about you have some feeling for once"
>"I am most stimulated by the thought of impending doom"
>>
I listen to a lot of drill, and I don't live the trap life. Though I drink a bit too much of Lean.
>>
>>65427286
Pretty much, except I'm not gay and not left wing.
>>
>>65429140
Same desu
>>
>>65429799
be careful with that shit man
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.