[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you think of random access memories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 220x220
what do you think of random access memories?
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
Not as good as pic related
>>
>>65425332
>>65425384
I think that these pictures can only be accessed by ants.
>>
Currents did a better job.
>>
>>65425332
9 out of 10, Loose Yourself to Dance makes it lose a point, and even that could have been fixed if they just told Pharrel to stop fucking about with his stupid falsetto. The really telling thing about this record is how bad the radio version of Get Lucky is compared with how good the album version is. Great record.
>>
Their 2nd best album.
>Godtier
Give Life Back To Music
Giorgio by Moroder
Instant Crush
Touch
Motherboard
Doin' it Right
Contact
>Goodtier
Within
Get Lucky
Beyond
Fragments of Time
>Shittier
Game of Love
Lose Yourself to Dance
>>
pales in comparison to homework & discovery
>>
Literally even worse than Human After All
>>
File: tumblr_o41hs2KpZS1rzzy9io1_250.gif (976 KB, 179x296) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o41hs2KpZS1rzzy9io1_250.gif
976 KB, 179x296
>Alive 2017 is going to fix RAM just like how Alive 2007 fixed HAA
>>
>>65425332
From best to worst:

Homework
Discovery
Random Access Memories
Alive 97
Alive 2007
Human After All
>>
>>65425923
>implying it needs fixing
Also how would it even work? RAM was recorded in a studio with actual instruments unlike their previous albums.
>>
>>65425955
Usually they take bland disco music and chop it up into something great. Now they made the bland disco music from scratch and have everything they need to make some god-tier remixes
>>
randumb assess mememories xD
>>
>>65426029
i would cum but i dont think itll happen

contact would be mind-blowing live though

contact / aerodynamic live remix when
>>
>>65426595
*Mammaries
>>
>>65426646
Tandem Rackcess Mammaries
>>
Don't get the "Lose Yourself to Dance" hate. It's a perfectly decent song. RAM was a solid album, Daft Punk isn't my favorite act but I can't remember a time when I explicitly didn't like something by them.
>>
>>65426029
I remember around the time after RAM was released Daft Punk said that they were planning to remix the album. I haven't heard anything of it since.
>>
>>65425332
Clean production on an otherwise underwhelming and largely-forgettable album
>>
This album is special to me because the hype that surrounded it introduced me to electronic music in general. 2013 was a crazy year. As a whole, I like Discovery better but RAM has some tracks that were mindblowing the first few times I heard them and still make my ears happy today.
>>
MEDIOCRE BLAND CHEESY PRETENTIOUS SHIT

I will never forgive them for this hype
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFplFkEBPM
>>
>>65426867
Those promos were fucking GOAT if you ask me. The one they showed at Coachella that listed all the features artists was insane.
>>
>>65426891
yeah the hype was 10x better than the actual album
>>
>>65425424
100% what this poster said exactly
>>
>>65425417
currents was blah. very samey with the 80s bullshit over and over.

ram is at least a diverse and varied listen. touch, giorgio by moroder, motherboard, contact are interesting, proggy pieces and the rest is quite varied. some great songs (get lucky, instant crush) some poor (lose yourself to dance, within)
>>
>>65425449
discovery #1? you think it's better than homework?
>>
i hated it
>>
Great album, the electronic/80s funk sound was extremely refreshing and fun.
>>
>>65425424
this
>>
>>65427200
I'm not that guy but personally RAM and discovery are tied for me, though if I had to give the edge I'd give it to RAM.

It's one of my personal favorite albums honestly
>>
>>65427374
hey.

don't be that guy.
>>
Doin' It Right and Touch are really likable. Instant Crush is pretty good too, but I'm scared to listen to the rest in case it's shit.
>>
>>65427416
don't worry, it's not.
>>
>>65427416
those are certainly 3 of the best tracks (not the 3 best, just 3 of the best) on the album but there's a lot to love on there.

Listen to this. If you like Touch and Doin' It Right then you will love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m4ZkEqQrn0
>>
>>65425384
forced meme is force
>>
Daily reminder that if you're not listening to RAM with the Japanese bonus track Horizon at the end you're doing it wrong

seriously listen to this.. it's like something off of wish you were here by pink floyd. fucking comfy as shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHYDFc4Rck
>>
Giorgio by Moroder is GOAT, that is all.
>>
File: 71yznsuhZWL._SL1500_.jpg (219 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71yznsuhZWL._SL1500_.jpg
219 KB, 1500x1500
>>65425332

Not as good as pic related
>>
Bad. Ended up being a B-tier Giorgio Moroder album with high profile features (well, shit even Giorgio had a few of those). All of the eclectic robotic soul was filtered through a shitty infatuation with disco and it did not work out well. I still hold out hope that it can be salvaged live.
>>
>>65425424
literally regurgitating p4k

kill yourself
>>
>>65426719
FYI, no one hated Lose Yourself to Dance until the P4K review for RAM came out.
>>
>>65427553
yo this sounds like pink floyd
>>
>>65428622
I did

I've never even read their review but part of that song is the only thing I dislike about the album.

The music itself is even fine for that track but pharell's voice kills me.

I even enjoy get lucky a lot but think it could've been even better with a different singer.

I honestly just dislike Pharell.
>>
Gay album for fagstars
>>
Will Alive 2017 happen?
>>
>>65428605
Rarely read their reviews, certainly didn't read their review for this. i only listened to RAM at the beginning of this year.
>>
>>65428727
:( no
>>
giorgio by moroder is goat
>>
Daily reminder that Human After All is objectively the best album
>>
>>65425332
fucking awful. basic bitch: the album
>>
File: 1226035193406.jpg (118 KB, 835x649) Image search: [Google]
1226035193406.jpg
118 KB, 835x649
>>65431907

dam strate
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.