[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst albums ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 872x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 872x600
What do you guys think are the worst albums of all time? All genres.
>>
your favourite albums
>>
File: Hiroshima Field Recordings.png (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hiroshima Field Recordings.png
109 KB, 500x500
this album almost made me kill myself once so thats pretty bad
>>
>>65423684
Wow. I'm so offended.
>>
>>65423669
You are fucking PLEB.
>>
>it's a bait Montie into posting Mr Bungle episode

It'll probably work
>>
The Two Virgins album of Yoko Ono and Lennon

It pretends to be avant garde but is the laziest record that ever existed.
>>
if you think Lulu is bad your music iq isn't high enough for you to be posting here
>>
>>65423708
Why can't I find this anywhere? I must know
>>
>>65423850
It's kind of like the holy grail of /mu/, it was on Soulseek at one point but I'm pretty sure it's been taken off now. To be honest, I'm glad that it isn't out there for people to download. It changed my life for the worst.
>>
>>65423708
i want to listen to this
>>
>>65423891
Sounds like some ol bull shit to me
>>
>>65423708
>>65423850
>>65423891
"American Institute of Sonorical Research" Whoever made this image wasn't even trying...
https://yuki.la/mu/63750310#p63752842
>>
File: ayreon-4fcc6052c4290.jpg (546 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ayreon-4fcc6052c4290.jpg
546 KB, 1000x1000
Any album not Ayreon.
>>
>>65423891
Post it or kill your pathetic self.
>>
>>65423771
Nah m8, if you enjoy shit, as in a bad and contrived story told by a man who's voice went out a long time ago, mixed with awful drumming a high school student could master, mixed with riffs that all sound the same, and then followed by the occasional ramble of James hetfeild, that's great.
Don't get me wrong, Lou reed and Metallica have both come out with great shit.
It's just at this point, Lou was past his prime and it clearly showed, and Metallica sounded as generic as ever.
Even if Lou was in his prime, their styles couldn't have mixed well, you can say 'you just don't understand it!' But that makes me wonder...
Do you even understand a ill attempted, half assed, cash grab when you see one?
>>
>>65424108
Lou delivers some of his most passionate vocal performances ever on Lulu (particularly on tracks like Dragon) and Metallica's riffs are monstrous and hypnotic in their repetition
>>
>>65424230
While I will admit, Lou had some good vocals on the album, in this case, the bad outweighed the good. Like with Bob Dylan's new album, it's cool he was doing stuff at such a old age, but that doesn't mean it will be good.
And the Metallica riffs were not hypnotic, if anything, at times it took me out of the song because it seemed as though they both were trying to each play too differ t songs at once.
Dragon was decent, especially the softer parts, I'll give you that, but overall as a whole, I found the record to be a waste of time.
Every now and then I'll try to listen again, but to me, it is the equivalent of getting kicked in the nuts every time I try and listen.
Who knows, my opinions may change, but as of now, I think the album is trash, everything good about it, is followed by heaping amounts of garbage, and I'm not the type of person to go digging in the trash to try and find something worthwhile.
>>
>>65424367
Eh fair enough. I admit the album is a bit rough around the edges, but i think side two is legitimately fantastic. Dragon + Junior Dad might be my favorite 30 minutes of music from the past decade.
>>
>>65424438
Not sure if you'll agree, but I think some music from the past decade that are utterly fantastic are 'No Children' by The Mountain Goats
And 'Red Hands' by dear Hunter, bith sings have so much passion and emotion, that I cannot help but call them masterpieces.
Give them a try, see what you think.
>>
>>65424547
Honestly i've heard neither, so i'll keep those in mind. Thanks, bud.
>>
>>65424692
I'm honestly happy that this was less of a rhyme the, and more of a civil conversation.
Can you recamend me some stuff?
I try to like just about everything.
>>
>>65424742
Well i really don't know much about your taste other than what's been discussed here, but this is one of my favorite albums ever and is fairly under-the-radar, so i'll submit it as my recommendation.
>>
>>65424811
I wouldn't entirely call it under the radar, as it was advertised heavily in a lot of music circles, but if you want under the radar try 'unity' by skyforest, apperntly I am the only person to ever buy the allium on iTunes, same with the band 'weatherbox' who make a lot of really good alternative rock.
Though all because music is under the radar doesn't mean it dictates quality, sometimes a album is considered mainstream simply because it is really good.
Though I will listen to the album again.
>>
>>65424811
It occurred to me you meant the nomeansno album, sorry, I'm normally used to disregarding the pics because they are normally never relevant in the chats I'm in.
But yeah, that's a good album, wish there was more jazz/punk fusions.
>>
>>65424923
Victims Family is another good band in the same vein as NoMeansNo. Check out Headache Remedy if you haven't
>>
>>65425036
Added to my long list of music to check out.
Thanks m8, I'll probably get to it by next week, I do have a album to suggest to you though.
The commercial album by the residents, it is a close 10 in my book.
>>
File: Residents_god_in_3_persons.jpg (54 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
Residents_god_in_3_persons.jpg
54 KB, 440x440
>>65425096
I love The Residents! Wanted to see them live a month or so back but it didn't work with my schedule, unfortunately. Pic related has grown into one of my favorite albums ever.
>>
>>65425187
I am soooo close to suggesting you the music I make, but it is more post rock/alternative.
>>
>>65425210
I've actually got to run now man, but if you decide to post it i'll do my best to check it out once i return
>>
>>65425258
https://soundcloud.com/moses-137517975
This is my souncloud that has all my music, most of which. Is going into the album I've been working on for a couple months.
I started uploading a month ago, and I have yet to post them in the order I wish.
Have fun dude.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.